How Can Anyone Think This is a 8-8 or Better Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: How Can Anyone Think This is a 8-8 or Better Team?

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    At least I go off the cliff in a herd.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

This does not look very promising I must admit. I'm feeling embarrassed at how excited I was for this season. Marrone is a tool....BTW.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Marrone just sounds so defeated in the after game press conference.

He should have stayed in Syracuse.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          You have to be a blind homer with your head up your ass to think this team is a .500 team.

I think we will do well to match last year's 6-10 record.

I assume we will get thumped by a high scoring Bears team in the Opener. Our O can't keep up.

It is the Home Opener that is the key to whether this season becomes an absolute disaster. If we lose to the Dolphins, I can see a 3-13 or 4-12 season as we spiral out of control.

The new owner will need to fire everyone and start from scratch.

This is one bad football team.
          You're obviously a troll.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            I honestly admit sometimes I wonder if we'll ever be competitive again.
            We have a chance if Pegula ditches the entire FO, particularly the personnel side.

If not, why would anything change from 50 years of doing business as such.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              We have a chance if Pegula ditches the entire FO, particularly the personnel side.

If not, why would anything change from 50 years of doing business as such.

Need to make a very big move to get in an experienced GM.

Not many of them want to come to Buffalo.

Perhaps $15M per year would lure them here.

Who?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Week 1 will deal some reality to a few peoples faces when Cutler throws the ball over Soldier Field to Marshall and Jeffrey while the Bears put up 30+

And we watching the spurting KneeJ throw for 150 yards while going 20 for 38

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

And we watching the spurting KneeJ throw for 150 yards while going 20 for 38
                  he will go 10-10, 80 yards, TD during the last garbage time drive.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade
                    The new owner will need to fire everyone and start from scratch.
                    The problem is that Brandon and Littman are part of the trust interviewing these people. So they are certainly going to look for a candidate who will keep them aboard.

It's messed up.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      The problem is that Brandon and Littman are part of the trust interviewing these people. So they are certainly going to look for a candidate who will keep them aboard.

It's messed up.
                      This is BS. The Bills will be sold to the highest bidder.

And who does not think that will be Pegula?

Better Days are ahead.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

I can't remember a Bills team being booed before the half at home in 2 consecutive pre-season games.
                        The boos are a culmination of the poor play for this team over the last 15 seasons and not solely based on this year's squad. Quite frankly I think people are over stressing how "bad" we are. Time will tell but I stand by my thoughts this team will be 8-8 or better this season.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          The boos are a culmination of the poor play for this team over the last 15 seasons and not solely based on this year's squad. Quite frankly I think people are over stressing how "bad" we are. Time will tell but I stand by my thoughts this team will be 8-8 or better this season.
                          I am with you & if this team is not at least 8-8, Heads need to roll.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            I'll call it now, EJ is going to get hurt
                            Really going out on a limb there, eh TD?

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

What makes it worse is what do we have to look forward to next year?

Where is the hope?

Brown fans next year will have Johnny Football in his 2nd year, the return of Gordon and probably 2 top 5 draft picks.

They can live through a bad year this year because there is light at the end of the tunnel.

All we got is more darkness.
                              Don't forget Dareus and Spiller becoming FA.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                                Don't forget Dareus and Spiller becoming FA.
                                I think Dareus has another year after this year.

Spiller said he expects to sign a new contract before the season ends.

We will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X