X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Watkins Watch

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: Watkins Watch

Thank God he is a buffalo bills player, and could be playing with some sore ribs.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Let's revisit in mid-season. One game really doesn't give a good sample size for eval. The only take away I have is at least he got hit a couple times and didn't croak over injured already.

Comment

• Thief
        • Sep 2009

We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
          Let's revisit in mid-season. One game really doesn't give a good sample size for eval. The only take away I have is at least he got hit a couple times and didn't croak over injured already.
          Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Thief View Post
          We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.
          That's part of the game. He's not the only WR that played yesterday for which the same can be said. Right.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

Watkins will be taking the top off of a lot of plays, opening up routes for Chandler, and as you saw yesterday, Woods. You try so hard to be a douche it is astounding.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
              Watkins will be taking the top off of a lot of plays, opening up routes for Chandler, and as you saw yesterday, Woods. You try so hard to be a douche it is astounding.
              All I did was post some facts.

I don't like Whaley, I don't like how he's shredded our ability to improve over the next few seasons.

In the meantime, go **** yourself. I said nothing inflammatory.

You seem to enjoy mind****ing yourself silly, maybe you'll enjoy trying the real thing.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

Go away and don't come back.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                  Yeah but Manuel missed as expected. I could already see that sailing over his head once he gave it some mustard.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Lets judge all players on their first regular season games, LOL. Who knows how it will turn out, until it turns out?

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Poooooooooor Fletch. He's so pissed the Bills won.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        Lets judge all players on their first regular season games,
                        Ahh you did that all day yesterday lol

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          Poooooooooor Fletch. He's so pissed the Bills won.
                          LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

Unlike you, I'll be happy when we win 10 games, not 1.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Both are 6'5".

Did the other teams run for 193 yards? Did they win?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Watkins had the most impressive incompletion I think I may have ever seen. That's right, I said incompletion.

Seriously though, on that over throw by Manual, did anyone see how Watkins palmed the football off the bounce in end stride? It was effortless and it was like the ball was magnetized to his hand. I don't even think he looked at it when it happened. Its as if some overwhelming form of static electricity reached in and tractor beamed the ball into his left hand.

Seriously. I know it sounds crazy. Best no-catch I've ever seen.

Wish I was computer literate enough to make a .gif.

Comment

Working...
                              X