Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

Originally posted by Dude View Post
    University of Cincinnati is paying rent to use Paul Brown Stadium this season while their on-campus stadium is renovated. They have paid rent every time they've played there.

Is that good enough for you?

Contact Erie County and ask them if they would let UB play there for free.
    Let us know what they say.
    I don't know if Ohio owns Paul Brown Stadium do you?

And how much rent does UC pay?

Is it a lot of money or a token amount?

Comment

• Dude
      that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
      • Feb 2005

Re: Build A New Stadium, or Keep The Ralph And Spend "Only," About $400 Million?

Originally posted by better days View Post
      I don't know if Ohio owns Paul Brown Stadium do you?

And how much rent does UC pay?

Is it a lot of money or a token amount?
      Hamilton County owns PBS. I don't know what the current rate is but in the past they've had to sell at least 40,000 tickets to break even. They are losing money on playing there but have no choice.

If you took some time to educate yourself on the state of economics of sports you could make intelligent points rather than shooting from the homer hip.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

UB doesn't have the media market. Rutgers only got in the Big 10 because they wanted to get into the NYC market. Buffalo isn't big enough.
        Of course, that was my point earlier as well regarding UMass, same thing here.

I was just talking on merit alone. I don't even see it there.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Yes. But who's to say it couldn't or wouldn't get rezoned?
          Depends upon what was done there. Maybe it can.

I know that much of Kodak Park in Rochester sits idle and can't be rezoned as Kodak turns it into literal parks because of the nature of Kodak's businesses. I don't know how much of that would apply to Rich and OP.

Is the demand for this land residential or commerical?

- - - Updated - - -

YES Seriously. UB is a State College, the Stadium is Government owned.

There is no way in hell the Government is going to charge itself rent.
          College football is a for profit industry.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            "Delaware North Stadium," is the shiny new car everyone wants, but can we afford it?

I'm sure that the Pegula and Jacobs family can afford to build a new stadium, but can the fans that have supported the team for years afford the higher season ticket prices and PSL fees too?
            Look at what people were getting on Ticket Exchange when the Bills were undefeated. A friend sold club level endzone seats for $125 each for the Vikings game-it helps it's row 1-but it's still end zone benches. There are enough fans who can pay double what prices currently are as long as the team is winning. I don't see PSLs ever coming to Buffalo outside of club seats. Even the Jets have many seats without PSLs.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

my guess is erie county would not maintain both. i would also assume if pegs is putting money down on a new stadium, he'd want college games there on saturday so that people are downtown, an area he's actively developing. and he gets part of the costs connected to it.

the ub program moving to RWS was a thread that poster tried once before and said it was tweeted by the BLO news and it wasn't. it's not happening.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                Look at what people were getting on Ticket Exchange when the Bills were undefeated. A friend sold club level endzone seats for $125 each for the Vikings game-it helps it's row 1-but it's still end zone benches. There are enough fans who can pay double what prices currently are as long as the team is winning. I don't see PSLs ever coming to Buffalo outside of club seats. Even the Jets have many seats without PSLs.
                Not all, but there are a lot of NYJ seats that require plunking down $ for a PSL; Their chart:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Dude
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  Depends upon what was done there. Maybe it can.

I know that much of Kodak Park in Rochester sits idle and can't be rezoned as Kodak turns it into literal parks because of the nature of Kodak's businesses. I don't know how much of that would apply to Rich and OP.

Is the demand for this land residential or commerical?
                  The only thing hazardous about the RWS site is the quality of play by the Bills. I don't think that would be an issue for redevelopment.

As far as current demand, it's for winning football. I don't know if studies have been done on future use, but consider the location. It's a large tract of land located in a heavily populated, high-income area. OP is a desirable suburb so it's logical that demand would be there for housing. That doesn't mean it would go that way. Commercially, it's at a location close to the confluence of several major state routes and it's near two major highways. That makes it attractive to a large business or even for an industrial park.

If RWS were torn down, that land is way too usable for it to sit empty.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    my guess is erie county would not maintain both. i would also assume if pegs is putting money down on a new stadium, he'd want college games there on saturday so that people are downtown, an area he's actively developing. and he gets part of the costs connected to it.

the ub program moving to RWS was a thread that poster tried once before and said it was tweeted by the BLO news and it wasn't. it's not happening.
                    Agree that it's not happening.

More than just college games downtown I'd think that it would be a multi-purpose stadium hosting a whole lot of things towards that same effect.

Post #46

------

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      Not all, but there are a lot of NYJ seats that require plunking down $ for a PSL; Their chart:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...ing-chart.html
                      and if you live in NYC and went to a jets game, they call offering to waive costs and sell well below the face value. Jerry jones got away with it based on the size of his fanbase. Others don't. If NYC has issues with PSL's, its not about economy. it's about what people are willing to pay for a crappy product.
                      Last edited by trapezeus; 10-01-2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        and if you live in NYC and went to a jets game, they call offering to waive costs and sell well below the face value. Jerry jones got away with it based on the size of his fanbase. Others don't. If NYC has issues with PSL's, its not about economy. it's about what people are willing to pay for a crappy product.
                        I'm not clear what you are saying. Is the NYJ club discounting their own posted PSL pricing?

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Hamilton County owns PBS. I don't know what the current rate is but in the past they've had to sell at least 40,000 tickets to break even. They are losing money on playing there but have no choice.

If you took some time to educate yourself on the state of economics of sports you could make intelligent points rather than shooting from the homer hip.
                          I would bet if UC is paying rent, it is to the Cinci Bengals Football team, not to any Government.

The Bengals probably have exclusive use of the Stadium in their lease. Anyone else using that Stadium has to pay rent to the Bengals.

If the Bills move, the Stadium will have no tenant.

And the County could very easily transfer ownership of the Stadium to the State with the State picking up some of the operating expenses.

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

The Jets struggled to sell all of their PSL's in the first offering and had to re-issue at a lower cost as a result. They also left a section of the stadium PSL free.

One thing that PSL's did for both the Jets and Giants is turned the season ticket base upside-down. People who has seats for many years were pushed out in favor or new people from the wait lists.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

I would bet if UC is paying rent, it is to the Cinci Bengals Football team, not to any Government.

The Bengals probably have exclusive use of the Stadium in their lease. Anyone else using that Stadium has to pay rent to the Bengals.

And the County could very easily transfer ownership of the Stadium to the State with the State picking up some of the operating expenses.
                              The Bengals indeed call the shots. That it was the most lopsided deal ever is history - somebody wrote a book about it.

Public opinion - and blackouts - have caused ownership to soften their stance through the years. UC is revamping their campus stadium, and I'm sure that they are paying the costs associated with staging their games. It is possible that the Bgal's aren't extracting a rental fee. Haven't read anything about it either way. My guess is no.

Comment

• Dude
                                • Feb 2005

Yes, and as the primary tenant the Bengals pay rent to the county to use the stadium. So either way the county is getting their money.

If the Bills move out of RWS, and UB were to move in, guess who becomes the primary tenant? Guess who has to pay rent? I'll give you a hint: it's UB.

Why would the county transfer ownership? And why would the state want to own the stadium? Further, why would residents of NYC want their tax dollars going to maintain a stadium in Buffalo? It's one thing to use state money to build the things, but for ongoing operations? Would you stand for that if you lived outside the area? I wouldn't.

I really don't think you're putting any thought into what you're saying. Nothing you've posted about this is logical. It's something you really want to see happen because you are obviously a huge fan of the program, but you can't look at the situation objectively to see all the reasons why it won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X