• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Balls & Goats

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
    lecter, i actually am short of making chandler a goat. on that last drive, before the 24 yard 4th down play, he dropped an easier pass. he is too streaky to be our best TE. Gragg seems to catch everything his way and he hasn't fumbled.

chandler is the romo of TE. Good enough statistically, but totally unreliable in clutch situations on a regular basis. maybe they have big plays in big moments, but chances are they will fail on an ever grander scale due to the lack of consistency.
    you wanna call him a goat after a 4th and 20 conversion? That is pretty clutch ...
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Woods gets a goat. Practically invisible except for a fumble.

Come to think of it, he's been invisible all season.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

Balls:

Sammy Sidewinder Watkins
        The DL, great penetration all game Long
        Leodis McKelvin

Goats:
        Orton, we lost the Pats game because of him and we will lose future games because of his inability to hold onto the ball
        The San Fransisco Giants, Forgive me I'm a Royals fan I had to.
        Hackett: Another sleeper of a game

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          Apparently you missed the fact that Minnesota posted their second best rushing game of the season without Peterson and averaged 5.4 yards per carry against this "elite D."

If we continue to allow that then we won't win another game since we won't see another QB anywhere as close to as bad as Bridgewater is right now.
          They won. You need to know "bend don't break" when you see it.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
            The Vikings were one shoe string tackle away from going the distance mulitple times in their running game.

With that said The Bills D is keeping us in games. You hold a team to 16 points you should win the game.

There is alot of hate on this defense but at some point you have to give them some credit. Our secondary is having problems but as a whole they aren't the problem.
            In four of their last five games they've scored 7, 9, 10, and 3 points. Holding them to 16 while allowing 158 yards rushing against a RB you've never heard of is hardly validating that this defense is good.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
              Also, Mario Williams (hi coastal) keeps contain on his side as well as any DE in the NFL. They tried to move the pocket and bootleg Teddy a few times and Mario diagnosed and blew it up instantly. He was a big reason Teddy had to stay in the non-existent pocket and get rekt by Hughes and Dareus all game.
              That's funny. You sure about that? Last season he ranked as the worst of our defensive linemen by PFF or FO, one of the two, in doing that very thing.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                Apparently you missed the dominance they had in pressuring Bridgewater all day and knocking him on his countless times. Or the number of points given up by the defense in this game
                LMAO

No homerism there or anything.

See my previous post on how many points the Vikes had scored before this.

Bridgewater, LOL. OK

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                  Balls:

The DL, great penetration all game Long
                  Since when does a DL get credit for allowing 58 yards to a rushing attack led by a no-name RB that averated 5.4 ypc?

Post #46

------

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

In four of their last five games they've scored 7, 9, 10, and 3 points. Holding them to 16 while allowing 158 yards rushing against a RB you've never heard of is hardly validating that this defense is good.

No, their season long numbers validate that it is good
                    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

LMAO

No homerism there or anything.

See my previous post on how many points the Vikes had scored before this.

Bridgewater, LOL. OK
                      None at all.

You can call me a homer all you want.

I don't think the people that read this place regularly and have been doing so longer than you would call me a homer.

But saying anything positive is being a homer, eh?

And you wonder why people don't kiss your ass.....
                      Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

That's funny. You sure about that? Last season he ranked as the worst of our defensive linemen by PFF or FO, one of the two, in doing that very thing.
                        And this year he is one of the best

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                          you wanna call him a goat after a 4th and 20 conversion? That is pretty clutch ...
                          You trust that reliably? I don't. That why he's romo-like. Big sometimes but so frustrating others.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Ball: Vikings play calling, allowing the Bills to stay in it.

Goats: All of them, almost losing to the Vikings.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Anybody that actually wants to give Orton a goat in this game is completely out of their minds. The guy drove the team down the field over 100 yards net on that final drive. Every single play on that drive was a pass play. Orton gets the game ball. The real goats are the humps that were calling for Orton to be pulled in favor of EJ Manuel when things weren't looking so good. Orton is better than EJ, period. Good lord, Orton was a pillar on that drive. Didn't trip. That's what matters. Some will lead you to believe that every sack is Orton's fault...not so. He made mistakes but came through in the clutch.

Watkins had nine catches, each one resulting in a first down...nine catches for 122 yards and both of the Bills touchdowns in this game, including 3 passes caught for 39 yards on the final drive. Another goat goes to certain douchebags that are holding off on their criticism of Watkins this week, waiting and hoping that he does poorly soon so certain threads can be bumped or otherwise revisited. "I told you so." What kind of douchebags are these. I think most of us know.

These are the two players of the game. Hughes and Dareus. Cannot diss McKelvin or Chandler, either. I loved Hogan for a minute there.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 10-20-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Fletch
                                • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                                And this year he is one of the best
                                Link?

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                                X