Re: Current AFC Records and Games That Matter Today

Thanks Shaun Hill.

Thanks Mike Smith.

****ing morons

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I don't get how NFL head coach's don't know how to manage the clock.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        I don't get how NFL head coach's don't know how to manage the clock.
        Who ever said that all NFL coaches were intelligent and/or quick thinking. Some just do it via routine and experience.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          Who ever said that all NFL coaches were intelligent and/or quick thinking. Some just do it via routine and experience.
          Most NFL coaches are pre-programmed robots - at least that's what I'm being lead to believe.

If Coach A does X in certain situation than Coach B has to do it too and Coach H better follow suit.

If Coach H tries to think outside the box of what is considered NFL norm and fails then he's mocked, ridiculed and second guessed for weeks. If he succeeds then it's dumb luck but he shouldn't resort to doing that all the time.

Going for it on 4th and 1 is successful 67% of the time so why is it so out of the box and a bad call when a team gets stopped? Odds are that you're going to be successful more than naught. But that 1/3 of a time when someone gets stopped they get second guessed and called stupid for not making the safe play - a punt.

2 point conversion percentage is around 50%, so why should a team ever kick an extra point? Through the course of the game the percentages will dictate it won't have really any effect on the final score. But have a team go out for 2 in a situation where the media thinks they shouldn't and they're making a bad decision and trying to chase points. Phil Simms was chastising the Broncos for going for 2 in tonights game to cut the Fish lead to 3 instead of 4 early in the 4th quarter. Of course after the Broncos successfully converted he said nothing.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            Most NFL coaches are pre-programmed robots - at least that's what I'm being lead to believe.

If Coach A does X in certain situation than Coach B has to do it too and Coach H better follow suit.

If Coach H tries to think outside the box of what is considered NFL norm and fails then he's mocked, ridiculed and second guessed for weeks. If he succeeds then it's dumb luck but he shouldn't resort to doing that all the time.

Going for it on 4th and 1 is successful 67% of the time so why is it so out of the box and a bad call when a team gets stopped? Odds are that you're going to be successful more than naught. But that 1/3 of a time when someone gets stopped they get second guessed and called stupid for not making the safe play - a punt.

2 point conversion percentage is around 50%, so why should a team ever kick an extra point? Through the course of the game the percentages will dictate it won't have really any effect on the final score. But have a team go out for 2 in a situation where the media thinks they shouldn't and they're making a bad decision and trying to chase points. Phil Simms was chastising the Broncos for going for 2 in tonights game to cut the Fish lead to 3 instead of 4 early in the 4th quarter. Of course after the Broncos successfully converted he said nothing.
            I agree. I would extend that same thought process to the media just as you did in that example, except make it media wide. And oh yeah, include the Draft(s) on that.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.
                Cleveland's a better team than we are though, especially with Gordan back.

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.
                  Gordon is ridiculous.

If he can ever get his head on straight he might put up a 110 catch 2000 yard season.

Dude is made to take off 10 games, shows up and puts up 8 catches for 120.

Comment

• Mike13
                    • Aug 2005

The Dolphins would have 9 wins today if they had a good coach.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Every game except one went against the Bills. Rather sick of trying to back in.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        AFC East

Patriots 8-2
                        Miami 6-4
                        Buffalo 5-5
                        Jets 2-8

AFC North

Bengals 6-3-1
                        Steelers 7-4
                        Ravens 6-4
                        Browns 6-4

AFC South

Colts 6-4
                        Texans 5-5
                        Titans 2-8
                        Jags 1-9

AFC West

Denver 7-3
                        KC 7-4
                        Bolts 6-4
                        Raiders 1-10

----------------

(Oakland did Buffalo a favor on Thursday Night)

Cleveland vs. Atlanta - Go Falcons

Bengals vs. Houston - Go Houston

Jags vs. Colts - Go Jacksonville

Detroit vs. Pats - Go Lions

St. Louis vs. San Diego - Go Rams

Miami vs. Denver - Go Broncos

Go Bills!
                        2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

The point is that we control our own destiny against the Browns. Beating them would take conference record out of the equation and give us a crucial tie-breaker.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

what will be interesting is to see vs cleveland is if pettine really was the genius for building bills defense and schwartz is riding the coat tails. if they undress the bills defense that is going to be a really hard pill to swallow.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.
                              Well I feel like a few of these games that 'went against us' didn't actually matter. We're only fighting against the wild card contenders, not division leaders.

Indy will win that division, which won't affect our chances.
                              NE will win our division, which won't affect our chances.
                              Cincy might win that division, but who knows with how good that division is. Houston is fighting for a wild card too, and they hold the tie breaker on us.

So really, the Browns and Chargers were the ones that didn't go our way. Even though they were the ones that mattered most. The Dolphins losing was big. It only matters if we can win tonight.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in. at this point, all we can do is win and see how the chips lay at week 13 and week 14. then it becomes clear. But if we don't win, it doesn't matter what happens during the week.

but 29% of outcomes desired isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X