Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
      Wow. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Fletch will be beating this dead horse 5 years from now

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Re: Odell Bekham - Amazing

I don't that that any of the teams drafting wrs high anticipated this flurry of flags. If it continues, I wouldn't draft one early, next time around.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Kinda like I've been beating it on Spiller for five years I guess. At least I've been fully vindicated on him as I will be on Watkins too. They've been saying the same exact things about Spiller during that time and praticularly after he was drafted. Unfortunately it's taken many almost that full five years to come the conclusion that Spiller really isn't very special after all.

It was actually a pretty decent conversation until now.

Do you have a comment on the topic, or is it simply your goal to attack the poster and not the post?

Honestly, I think if you step outside of Buffalo very few people are going to agree that the best WR in this past draft was Watkins, I don't even think he'd make the top-2 at this point, maybe not even the top-3.

Sit tight, you'll be hearing exactly that soon and the only people suggesting otherwise will be Bills fans.

Did you read what I said above? Beckum has essentially matched what Watkins has done in 3 fewer games. His QB has played almost identically to how Orton has played. In the meantime, no one seems to want to discuss why Hogan's average numbers are only marginally less than Watkins with the same QB.

Many Bills fans are overrating Watkins it would seem.
          Last edited by Fletch; 11-23-2014, 08:58 PM.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
            Difficult question at this point. Bekham is clearly a star but I still feel Sammy is the better all around WR.

Nor thing that needs to happen is that Marrone needs to make sure Sammy is targeted 15 times per game without exception.
            HELLO!!!!!!

Is he TWICE as good as Beckham? HELL NO.

The Giants selected Beckham at #13 of the first round last year. Did they use next year's first and fourth too?

Anyone who thinks we didn't overpay for Sammy is blind.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Except when Watkins has a 2 touchdown game.. Or a last second TD to win a game.. Or a game where Watkins has 7+catches..Fletchie is pretty quiet the week after those kinds of performance from Watkins

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Watkins made bank when teams were playing us in man coverage with 1 deep and blitzing/crowding the LOS. since the jets game teams have adjusted, they don't blitz much, play a lot more cover2 and cover3 and don't crowd the line. since they made those changes watkins' numbers have dropped pretty badly.

Part of that is no running game to force the opponents to respect the ground attack, part of it is the QB isn't all that accurate short (he also doesn't have great timing with his wrs, so a lot of passes are coming in late) and of course the line blows which really limits your options in the passing game.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                  Except when Watkins has a 2 touchdown game.. Or a last second TD to win a game.. Or a game where Watkins has 7+catches..Fletchie is pretty quiet the week after those kinds of performance from Watkins
                  Good point, and since we're talking comps:

Watkins: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, three 1 TD games.

Benjamin: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, six 1 TD games.

Evans: Three 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, three 1 TD games.

Beckum: Three 7+ catch games (on 3 fewer games), two 2 TD games, one 1 TD game.

Jordan Matthews: Two 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, two 1 TD games.

Benjamin and Watkins 10 starts each, Evans 9 starts, Matthews and Beckum 6 starts.

I mean it's not like I'll be the only one in the football loving world suggesting this, everyone outside of Buffalo already is saying the same thing.

Blame it on me if you want, but the facts are the facts.

The bottom line is that he didn't come close to making the statements about him and how he'd help the team this season happen whereas other rookie WRs are having a much bigger impact.

Here are some things to consider:

Watkins: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 6 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Evans: 0 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 0 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Benjamin: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 1 game with fewer than 35 yards.

Beckum: 1 game with 3 or fewer receptions, 2 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Matthews: 3 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 3 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Say what you want, the talk around the league at the end of the season isn't going to be about Watkins being the best WR. As I've said all season, he won't even get OROY honors or even be in 2nd place for it.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                    Watkins made bank when teams were playing us in man coverage with 1 deep and blitzing/crowding the LOS. since the jets game teams have adjusted, they don't blitz much, play a lot more cover2 and cover3 and don't crowd the line. since they made those changes watkins' numbers have dropped pretty badly.

Part of that is no running game to force the opponents to respect the ground attack, part of it is the QB isn't all that accurate short (he also doesn't have great timing with his wrs, so a lot of passes are coming in late) and of course the line blows which really limits your options in the passing game.
                    I won't disagree, but other than Matthews in that list above, Benjamin, Evans, and Beckum's QB, OL, and RB situations really haven't been much different. It's not as if Watkins was more consistent with Jackson and Spiller in the lineup, he wasn't.

Post #46

------

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      Good point, and since we're talking comps:

Watkins: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, three 1 TD games.

Benjamin: Three 7+ catch games, one 2 TD game, six 1 TD games.

Evans: Three 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, three 1 TD games.

Beckum: Three 7+ catch games (on 3 fewer games), two 2 TD games, one 1 TD game.

Jordan Matthews: Two 7+ catch games, two 2 TD games, two 1 TD games.

Benjamin and Watkins 10 starts each, Evans 9 starts, Matthews and Beckum 6 starts.

I mean it's not like I'll be the only one in the football loving world suggesting this, everyone outside of Buffalo already is saying the same thing.

Blame it on me if you want, but the facts are the facts.

The bottom line is that he didn't come close to making the statements about him and how he'd help the team this season happen whereas other rookie WRs are having a much bigger impact.

Here are some things to consider:

Watkins: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 6 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Evans: 0 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 0 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Benjamin: 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 1 game with fewer than 35 yards.

Beckum: 1 game with 3 or fewer receptions, 2 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Matthews: 3 games with 3 or fewer receptions, 3 games with fewer than 35 yards.

Say what you want, the talk around the league at the end of the season isn't going to be about Watkins being the best WR. As I've said all season, he won't even get OROY honors or even be in 2nd place for it.
                      I don't like you.

But this is an epic post.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        I don't like you.

But this is an epic post.
                        I can appreciate that. It's not my goal to get you to like me. Believe me, I'm not eager to meet a bunch of people from here either. I appreciate your not attacking me though.

They're just facts.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Mike13
                          • Aug 2005

Its amazing that Landry and Beckham made Mettenberg look so good.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

I see they still use stick 'em in the NFL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

In typical Bills fashion, they trade (overpaid)up in the draft to draft a WR in a WR deep draft.

Just like reaching for a QB in the 1st round in a QB weak draft.

Comment

• Novacane
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Do you have a comment on the topic, or is it simply your goal to attack the poster and not the post?

This is why you get attacked on the subject

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post

You post 24/7 when one of the other rookie WR have a big game. You vanish when Watkins has a big game or the others have a bad game then cry when people say your'e anti Bills.

You love to play the poor Fletch card. Nobody will debate me in a civil conversation
                                Last edited by The King; 11-24-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X