Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: worst reffed game ive seen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: worst reffed game ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Jesus...really? You're going to make a call from a bleacher camera? Good grief. Yeah...we got jobbed because Chandler might have had a heel on the green a microsecond before Brady got the snap while the Bills player was sprinting in the middle of the field 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. LOL

But yeah...totally should have called that. I'm sure the Bills would have stooped Brady with 1st and goal at the 6.

There were some bad calls. Not this.
    You didn't read the link did ya??

It has nothing to do with Chandler being in bounds or not.

Try again bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Actually, I believe Mike Carey made that call saying they should have given the Bills sufficient time to prepare. It's on ESPN I believe.
    Exactly.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    The reason that the "inadvertent whistle" was called is because the ref was trying to keep Brady from getting hit. Period. I have watched football my whole life, and a whistle means the ball is dead. In New England, though, it apparently means you get a 20 yard catch plus another 15 yards b/c the other coach walked on the sidelines. Another game orchestrated for NE to win. Don't get me wrong; our offense sucked. But the calls were going against us yet again. How many obvious facemask flags could they pick up?
    This is my favorite call people have *****ed about.

Game orchestrated for NE to win? That inadvertent whistle stopped the Pats from scoring what would have been an easy TD. That whistle actually helped the Bills, not hurt them. Plus, the Pats didn't score on that drive, missed a long FG, gave Buffalo good field position which they actually cashed in on.

The refs did nothing to orchestrate a victory for either team and were just terrible all around last night.

3. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (11-26-2015),Mike (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Pats td run should not have counted either

Read it and weep. Yet another error from Mr. Sterastupid.
    Chandler was on the sideline when the Pats snapped the ball.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought it was refreshing to see the PATS get some really lame calls from the REFs. The lousy officiating was equal to both teams last night and cancelled itself out for a change.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You didn't read the link did ya??

It has nothing to do with Chandler being in bounds or not.

Try again bro.
    Didn't read my post above this did you?

Try again, bro.

They would have scored anyway.

Try again, Bills.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Refs were Simply AWEFUL

They cost BOTH Teams opportunities and did NOT call the game right.
    A league like the NFL should have much better refs, where games are impacted by blown calls yet week after week this is exactly what is happening.

This isn't about who would have won, who got screwed more, Etc

This is about the Integrity of the Game
    Please Make Sense

8. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Chandler was on the sideline when the Pats snapped the ball.
    Another guy that didn't read the link.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Try again, bro.

Try again, Bills.
    No I didn't. I hadn't refreshed my screen. Kinda different from flat out ignoring a link talking about something other than what you said.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    I originally thought the same thing... But, later in the game, they showed a replay where Graham grabbed Gronkowski's jersey...

I actually had a notepad and made notes of penalties... Tat's how ready I was to blame officiating even before the game started... There's not a lot that I could honestly complain about...

-Bill
    Agreed. The BUF defenders did a lot of hand checks that might have been flagged.

There are 2 moments that stand out, to me: That insane BUF db blitz and the end of the 1st half, and the coaching and players and upstairs booth staff not seeing what millions of tv viewers saw...NE rushing to the LOS and thereby successfully catching BUF flatfooted for the go-ahead score.

They shot their own foot.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-24-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No I didn't. I hadn't refreshed my screen. Kinda different from flat out ignoring a link talking about something other than what you said.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.
    We're all a bit testy today.

You want my admission that I was wrong even after I already did so? Fine. You were right. Way to go.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Try again, bro.

Try again, Bills.
    Historically, you seem to be correct. But in a game where NE only scored 20 points, you can't say that.

And to the idiot who claims that NE scores a TD on the "inadvertent whistle" play, ESPN covered that too. In all likelihood, Darby tackles him right there and maybe 15 yards down the field at worst. At best, Darby hits him as he catches the ball and knocks it loose. Wait, they probably get flagged for defenseless receiver or something if that happens.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We're all a bit testy today.

You want my admission that I was wrong even after I already did so? Fine. You were right. Way to go.
    Indeed we are. No worries my friend. Damn Bills

15. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Another guy that didn't read the link.
    I did, and the link mentions Hughes...

Hughes wasn't being substituted in. He was in the on the play before, he was just slow as molasses getting to the LOS. Only about 20 yards short.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hughes wasn't being substituted in. He was in the on the play before, he was just slow as molasses getting to the LOS. Only about 20 yards short.
    Hughes was to busy gloating about how he coveted Gronk down the sideline, two plays earlier.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Historically, you seem to be correct. But in a game where NE only scored 20 points, you can't say that.

And to the idiot who claims that NE scores a TD on the "inadvertent whistle" play, ESPN covered that too. In all likelihood, Darby tackles him right there and maybe 15 yards down the field at worst. At best, Darby hits him as he catches the ball and knocks it loose. Wait, they probably get flagged for defenseless receiver or something if that happens.
    Amendola was running up field, Darby was going sideways. And with how good the Bills tackled last night, you think he makes that tackle? If Darby even touches Amendola for that matter.

There is only other Bills player down field and he's getting blocked.

Amendola, without a doubt, scores.

The inadvertent whistle took a full 7 points off the board for the Pats, the drive ended on a long missed field goal and gave the Bills good field position that they capitalized for the only TD of the game.

Funny, or sad part, is if that's Watkins catching the ball with Butler in the same position, every Bills fan on this board blows up about how it cost the Bills 7 points and it's just another reason why the league is conspiring against them.

19. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (11-24-2015),Mike (11-25-2015)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Amendola was running up field, Darby was going sideways. And with how good the Bills tackled last night, you think he makes that tackle? If Darby even touches Amendola for that matter.

There is only other Bills player down field and he's getting blocked.

Amendola, without a doubt, scores.

The inadvertent whistle took a full 7 points off the board for the Pats, the drive ended on a long missed field goal and gave the Bills good field position that they capitalized for the only TD of the game.

Funny, or sad part, is if that's Watkins catching the ball with Butler in the same position, every Bills fan on this board blows up about how it cost the Bills 7 points and it's just another reason why the league is conspiring against them.
    I'll give Brady and his wrs credit. When he had a successful strike, the ball was often placed on moving receivers just above and over the shoulder. And several times, they scooped up in-stride low passes.

The BUF db corps played lights-out most of the game - Brady tossed the ball to the turf often, instead of risking a pick.

This could be a coming trend. CIN's Dalton has pretty much done same throughout the season.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-24-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The substitution/lack of one was a moot point. Simply because NE gave the appearance of a substation the Ref should have stood over the ball and let the Bills Set (this rule 504a). Secondly, the Ball was stopped when Highes was in NE backfield this is a Dead Spot Foul and automatic penalty on Bills. The play should have been blown dead.

NE was still the better team and rightfully won the game. The Bills could have won had they played with more discipline and really took advantage of their shots.

What Really stood out for everyone to see is how Piss Poor NFL officiating has been. Fortunelly this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Officiating will be improved in offseason.

22. Post thanked by:

Dozerdog (11-25-2015),Victor7 (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    This year has been really bad for refs. Every game I've watched I feel like there is zero flow. Too many committees. Too many random calls. At this point just let them play.

As for this game, typical smaller bs calls early like the graham holding, there was a helmet to helmet on woods uncalled. The inadvertent whistle was garbage. There were time Brady grounded the ball inside the pocket. Those are momentum turners. I think the refs were so proud that they didn't call a roughing he passer call that they just let everything else go

it is important to keep a team with almost no starters dominant. It makes no sense. The Cowboys lose romo and they can't win a game without him. The pats lose everyone else and they score 20 points. It isn't right. And it is not because there is one smart coach. It is because they are doing stuff and get breaks that no other team gets.
    It was tough to watch, every big play gets reviewed butTV picks and chooses when they want to show a replay. There are some penalties that never get showed in review so viewers are left wondering how that happened. They referee conferences are ridiculous. These guys are under so much pressure they are afraid to call penalties or they just call anything if it's close.

Oh and ESPN can go **** the selves for showing commercials at every opportunity.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

24. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it would be wonderfully entertaining is a team like the Pats Lost the SB because of piss poor officiating after going undefeated in the regular season. Now that would be a Comedy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The substitution/lack of one was a moot point. Simply because NE gave the appearance of a substation the Ref should have stood over the ball and let the Bills Set (this rule 504a). Secondly, the Ball was stopped when Highes was in NE backfield this is a Dead Spot Foul and automatic penalty on Bills. The play should have been blown dead.

NE was still the better team and rightfully won the game. The Bills could have won had they played with more discipline and really took advantage of their shots.

What Really stood out for everyone to see is how Piss Poor NFL officiating has been. Fortunelly this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Officiating will be improved in offseason.
    Offsides isn't a dead ball foul. It's a referee discretion call on if the guy who is offsides can get a free shot at the QB or it forces an offensive lineman to flinch.

No one on New Englands line moved, and Hughes was about 20 yards away