Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Beason

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jon Beason

Is Jon Beason in the same league as Patrick Willis and Posluszny?

I have not heard a lot of talk abouot Beason but Mike Mayock has rated him the best LB in this draft, over Patrick Willis even.

How is Beason compared to Willis and Poz? Would you be happy/surprised if we take him in the first?

Discuss.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jon Beason

Personally, I like him a lot more than Pos, but not as much as Willis

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are we ready to take anothe Maimi player lol, that bein said he has all the tools to be an outstanding player, he ran a 4.6 40, and has size and makes plays i would not be oppossed of taking him if we traded down to get more picks

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've heard a lot of reports that he may be a MLB in the NFL.

Thats what I love about Crowell; he can play either spot.. I'd prefer him right where he was last year; even if Jauron suggested he may be moved to the middle.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    I've heard a lot of reports that he may be a MLB in the NFL.

Thats what I love about Crowell; he can play either spot.. I'd prefer him right where he was last year; even if Jauron suggested he may be moved to the middle.

Why would he play in the middle he's consistently been an OLB at U of M and played there in HS. I have heard he would move inside if drafted to a 3-4 D team.

I consider Beason in near the same league as Willis. Willis has better intangibles (size, speed) but when it comes to play diagnosis, and hitting, they are on level playing field.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Why would he play in the middle he's consistently been an OLB at U of M and played there in HS. I have heard he would move inside if drafted to a 3-4 D team.

I consider Beason in near the same league as Willis. Willis has better intangibles (size, speed) but when it comes to play diagnosis, and hitting, they are on level playing field.
    I'll be a lot happier with Beason that Pos..

Your right.. thats what I meant.. ILB, not MLB.. there is a difference.. My bad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How's the character issue? I've read that he's been a defensive leader for Miami, but haven't seen much else about the guy off the field.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 485 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From Scott Wright's Draft Countdown:

Strengths:
    Terrific athlete...Short but not necessarily small...Very good speed and quickness with a burst...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Is strong, physical and plays much bigger than he is...Solid tackler and a violent hitter...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Solid in coverage...Always seems to be around the action...Versatile with experience at all three (SAM, MIKE, WILL) linebacker positions...Has a motor that never stops...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles...A great special teamer.

Weaknesses:
    Undersized and does not have the ideal height that you look for...Frame might be maxed out...Overly aggressive at times and as a result he will miss a few tackles and get fooled...Doesn't have real fluid hips...Not a great blitzer...Gets engulfed by massive blockers...Battled some injuries and durability is a legitimate concern.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber

Strengths:
    Terrific athlete...Short but not necessarily small...Very good speed and quickness with a burst...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Is strong, physical and plays much bigger than he is...Solid tackler and a violent hitter...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Solid in coverage...Always seems to be around the action...Versatile with experience at all three (SAM, MIKE, WILL) linebacker positions...Has a motor that never stops...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles...A great special teamer.

Weaknesses:
    Undersized and does not have the ideal height that you look for...Frame might be maxed out...Overly aggressive at times and as a result he will miss a few tackles and get fooled...Doesn't have real fluid hips...Not a great blitzer...Gets engulfed by massive blockers...Battled some injuries and durability is a legitimate concern.
    Sounds like a younger, less experienced Fletcher.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim
    How's the character issue? I've read that he's been a defensive leader for Miami, but haven't seen much else about the guy off the field.

This should tell you enough;

During the Miami-FIU brawl he was one of the only players pulling Miami guys away from FIU and trying to break it up. He is a very good character player.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Sounds like a younger, less experienced Fletcher.

Slightly bigger, and faster but similar...he also plays outside to Fletcher's inside

suck it fool.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if willis is off the board and we can move down a few spots he sounds like he would be a great fit for this defense.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like Beason and Timmons of Florida St. a lot.

I'm not going to get into the whole value thing. You can't control who is picked ahead of you.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i would n't be surprised at all....as a matter of fact i predict the bills will select him in rd 1 .. of course that could change if trades are made....

Bmax

!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he has decent size and i would definetly not have a problem drafting him....i would love for him to slip to the 2nd round that would be sickkkkk!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim
    i saw on the draft show on nfl network that character is not an issue, and that during the brawl with miami he was one of the few not out on the field fighting

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Posluszny and Beason are OLB, Willis is an ILB. Two different positions. Hard to compare them. IMO Pos is too small as far as his frame to take the pounding at ILB. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beason turned out to be the best of the bunch, and not because Beason is from the U, Beason IMO is just the smartest and fastest of the bunch.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
    Minus the durability issues, he sounds like a London Fletcher clone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i wuldnt mind him at all

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This should tell you enough;

During the Miami-FIU brawl he was one of the only players pulling Miami guys away from FIU and trying to break it up. He is a very good character player.
    I had heard that about him. Definitely promising. My concern is his size though, its interesting seeing him wear that #2. The same number as the last 1st rounder we took out of the U.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.