Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelsay's interview reveals some issues!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kelsay's interview reveals some issues!

Kelsay was on Sirrius yesterday and this is what was said:

1) For you McCargo fans it sounds like he is still rehabbing his foot. Kelsay mentioned that he hopes he's in for camp.

2) Said Larry Tripplett struggled last year because he was used to a pass rushing D in Indy. Said he played better later on but obviously Kelsay had the balls to bring it up.

3) Didn't seem too confident that the Drawin Walker issue was going to get resolved quickly.

4) Never said the D was going to be better. Gave the "it's a business excuse" for Fletcher and Spikes and seemed concerned about losing them.

5) Sounded less concerned about Clements leaving and mentioned Yobouty as a talented player.

6) He was given a softball about POZ and he never went anywhere with it. Maybe Patrick Willis would have evoked a different reaction.

To be quite frank Kelsay interviews about the way he plays. Glad to be there. I was hoping for something a lot more positive especially because he was asked point blank about the losses on D and he didn't give any super encouraging responses.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Kelsay's interview reveals some issues!

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Kelsay was on Sirrius yesterday and this is what was said:

1) For you McCargo fans it sounds like he is still rehabbing his foot. Kelsay mentioned that he hopes he's in for camp.

2) Said Larry Tripplett struggled last year because he was used to a pass rushing D in Indy. Said he played better later on but obviously Kelsay had the balls to bring it up.

3) Didn't seem too confident that the Drawin Walker issue was going to get resolved quickly.

4) Never said the D was going to be better. Gave the "it's a business excuse" for Fletcher and Spikes and seemed concerned about losing them.

5) Sounded less concerned about Clements leaving and mentioned Yobouty as a talented player.

6) He was given a softball about POZ and he never went anywhere with it. Maybe Patrick Willis would have evoked a different reaction.

To be quite frank Kelsay interviews about the way he plays. Glad to be there. I was hoping for something a lot more positive especially because he was asked point blank about the losses on D and he didn't give any super encouraging responses.
    I think McCargo will be fine. I read an article that said he was 100% Odd to hear this now.

Tripplett was also double teamed a lot last year.

Who cares about Darwin Walker. Let him sit out for two years and not get paid.

Spikes won't be missed (post injury), Fletcher is already missed.

Clements leaving is a non-issue, especially at $80 million.

Completely healthy Posluszny > Willis

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DOesnt sound too positive for a borderline starter who just got $24 million dollars.

I cant stand this guy. Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    DOesnt sound too positive for a borderline starter who just got $24 million dollars.

I cant stand this guy. Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.
    Sounds like Schobel.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

[QUOTE=HHURRICANE

[/QUOTE]
    I think most of us are not simply "McCargo fans" per se (or JP fans or Youboty fans, etc., etc.), but Bills' fans. That is, we hope - and expect - our players, and particularly our high draft picks, to perform well, so that the TEAM improves.

I haven't seen enough of a guy like McCargo to have a real strong opinion either way. But we drafted him in the first round, so I have every expectation that he will make a big contribution to our D this year. That is simply in contrast to those who already "know" that he'll suck.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.
    and Pat claims to know football? haha!

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You could read world famine and a pending stock market crash into what he said, in addition to the other speculation.

In other words, he said basically nothing.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 26,393 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    I think most of us are not simply "McCargo fans" per se (or JP fans or Youboty fans, etc., etc.), but Bills' fans. That is, we hope - and expect - our players, and particularly our high draft picks, to perform well, so that the TEAM improves.

I haven't seen enough of a guy like McCargo to have a real strong opinion either way. But we drafted him in the first round, so I have every expectation that he will make a big contribution to our D this year. That is simply in contrast to those who already "know" that he'll suck.
    Why do you have that unreasonable expectation when a) McCargo has been injured the last two seasons, b) McCargo didn't show much when he did play last year, and c) it takes time to adjust to the NFL, which McCargo didn't get because of his injury and d) he was only drafted in they first round because Marv thought he wouldn't be there at our pick in the 2nd?

I hope McCargo makes a contribution, but it's a lot more likely that he's going to struggle, at least for a while until he makes the adjustment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well according to some Bill fans, what you saw from him last year is exactly what you can expect from him this year, so get the hope out of your head cause all that matters is what happend last year....or is that just something that only applies to other players on other teams, but doesn't apply to the Bill players?? I'm still trying to figure out the rules and theories that Bill fans put on other teams, but not their own.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Haha! I agree with OP. You have UNREASONABLE expectations.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Haha! I agree with OP. You have UNREASONABLE expectations.
    It is unreasonable. Is it impossible for McCargo to contribute? No, of course not. But if you look at the factors I listed, how can you reasonably expect the guy to come in and contribute? It doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    It is unreasonable. Is it impossible for McCargo to contribute? No, of course not. But if you look at the factors I listed, how can you reasonably expect the guy to come in and contribute? It doesn't make any sense.
    The only issue I really have is with anybody saying that McCargo didn't play well last year. You can't just look at a stat sheet when it comes to a DT. The proof is in the pudding as they say. McCargo struggled in his first game. It was obvious. It was also obvious that he held his point of attack and did a very good job in the next few games before he got injured. How can anybody not see that? I just don't understand seeing that it's soooo painfully obvious that McCargo not only played fairly well, but that the run defense got significantly worse after his injury. It's so plain to see if you watched the games. That's why I don't get this entire piece of the argument.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In your world it's unreasonable. Wait let me think of it .... you're right. There haven't been any rookies in the past that have come in and made big contributions to their teams. /sarcasm .

If you tell me it's "unlikely" hell contribute then fine. Unreasonable? Puhlease.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In your world it's unreasonable. Wait let me think of it .... you're right. There haven't been any rookies in the past that have come in and made big contributions to their teams. /sarcasm .

If you tell me it's "unlikely" hell contribute then fine. Unreasonable? Puhlease.
    you're splitting hairs now.

If something is unlikely, it's unreasonable to expect it to happen. That's called common sense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TedMock
    The only issue I really have is with anybody saying that McCargo didn't play well last year. You can't just look at a stat sheet when it comes to a DT. The proof is in the pudding as they say. McCargo struggled in his first game. It was obvious. It was also obvious that he held his point of attack and did a very good job in the next few games before he got injured. How can anybody not see that? I just don't understand seeing that it's soooo painfully obvious that McCargo not only played fairly well, but that the run defense got significantly worse after his injury. It's so plain to see if you watched the games. That's why I don't get this entire piece of the argument.
    In those other games we didn't exactly play stellar rushing teams, and while McCargo wasn't bad, he wasn't great either. Granted he was young and will probably improve, but he sure as hell didn't improve sitting around nursing an injury. Combine that with the "rotational" system where he's not even on the field every play, and people seem to be expecting a big impact from him when it's a lot more likely that his impact will be minimal (at least initially until he gets back on track- after that, who knows?).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In those other games we didn't exactly play stellar rushing teams, and while McCargo wasn't bad, he wasn't great either. Granted he was young and will probably improve, but he sure as hell didn't improve sitting around nursing an injury. Combine that with the "rotational" system where he's not even on the field every play, and people seem to be expecting a big impact from him when it's a lot more likely that his impact will be minimal (at least initially until he gets back on track- after that, who knows?).
    He wasn't great, but he was solid. I agree with you that he won't make a major impact immediately. I do think that he looked like he belonged in there and that he'll be a solid starter for us. It'll take him a few games to get to that point - especially post-injury. No doubt about it. I just don't see it taking half the season. My guess is that by the end of the first month, he's a solid, starting, NFL D-tackle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you're splitting hairs now.

If something is unlikely, it's unreasonable to expect it to happen. That's called common sense.
    haha! you talking about common sense? Funny!

If rookies in the past have come in and made major contributions for their team how is it unreasonable to think it can happen to the bills? It's not very often that that therefore it's unlikely to happen but not unreasonable.

MCargo is no longer a rookie, why is it unreasonable to think he can't?

Comprende? Check out the definitions of the worde unreasonable and unlikely.

Anything good that happens to other teams CANNOT happen to bills ..... OP's Law

OP's LAw makes Murphy's LAw a positive one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

haha! you talking about common sense? Funny!

If rookies in the past have come in and made major contributions for their team how is it unreasonable to think it can happen to the bills? It's not very often that that therefore it's unlikely to happen but not unreasonable.

MCargo is no longer a rookie, why is it unreasonable to think he can't?

Comprende? Check out the definitions of the worde unreasonable and unlikely.

Anything good that happens to other teams CANNOT happen to bills ..... OP's Law

OP's LAw makes Murphy's LAw a positive one.
    Rookies in some positions come in and make an impact. But rookies often come in and struggle for a while while they learn the speed of the game. So at the very least, it's 50/50 on having high expectations on rookies.

McCargo missed most of his rookie season and plays a position that usually takes a few season to develop. So it is unreasonable to come in and think he'll be anything better than he was before he got injured last year.

A lot of people here have the opposite law: "if something good happened to some other player at some other time in the history of football regardless of the specifics of the situation, it CAN and WILL happen to the Bills". That's unreasonable.

If something is unlikely, that means there is a greater chance that it won't happen than that it will happen. That's the definition. How can a reasonable person expect something that is unlikely, rather than the opposite which is more likely? I don't need definitions- you need lessons in logic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TedMock
    He wasn't great, but he was solid. I agree with you that he won't make a major impact immediately. I do think that he looked like he belonged in there and that he'll be a solid starter for us. It'll take him a few games to get to that point - especially post-injury. No doubt about it. I just don't see it taking half the season. My guess is that by the end of the first month, he's a solid, starting, NFL D-tackle.
    You could be right, but IMO even that's a problem because if he takes a month and Youboty takes a month (he'll probably take longer) and Poz takes a month, we could be 1-3 or 0-4 in the meantime.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rookies in some positions come in and make an impact. But rookies often come in and struggle for a while while they learn the speed of the game. So at the very least, it's 50/50 on having high expectations on rookies.

McCargo missed most of his rookie season and plays a position that usually takes a few season to develop. So it is unreasonable to come in and think he'll be anything better than he was before he got injured last year.

If something is unlikely, that means there is a greater chance that it won't happen than that it will happen. That's the definition. How can a reasonable person expect something that is unlikely, rather than the opposite which is more likely? I don't need definitions- you need lessons in logic.
    Haha! Unreasonable is the same thing as unlikey? If you have even 1 reason, it's no longer unreasonable. Do I have 1 reason to think MCCArgo can make an impact? Yes, it's happened before. That's 1 reason. I can come up with a few more.

A lot of people here have the opposite law: "if something good happened to some other player at some other time in the history of football regardless of the specifics of the situation, it CAN and WILL happen to the Bills". That's unreasonable..
    A lot? List them.