Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Here is one of Chris Brown's latest blog entries, responding to the announcement made yesterday regarding Dick Jauron.

Jauron likely has 2009 to make it happen

By Chris Brown - Posted December 30th, 2008
    While the retention of Dick Jauron as head coach may not go over well publicly, fans needs to keep in mind that 2009 will likely be the make or break year.
    Jauron and his coaches likely know they dodged a bullet. They likely also recognize that if the playoffs are not reached in 2009 they won’t be so fortunate the second time around.

That sense of urgency hopefully comes from the top from the very first day this team re-assembles in March for the offseason workout program. If that sense of urgency can trickle down to the players perhaps more consistent play will be the result week to week.

I also wonder since offensive game management was mentioned specifically in Mr. Wilson’s statement and that they would be addressed, if Jauron won’t enlist a staff member to assist only with game and clock management. It may sound unusual, but why not give it a shot?

Okay Chris, so in a leauge where coaches are fired during the season, a league where Mike freaking Shanahan who's actually won in this league gets fired, a league where Eric Mangini is expendable after 3 seasons despite making the playoffs......Dick Jauron and his staff get extended and the fourth season is the make or break year? Are you kidding me. As far as the 3rd paragraph, do you mean like personal assistant? Should this proposed staff member carry the red flags in his pocket too?

You are a disgrace to anyone who has ever written a column and been called a journalist. You are a paid cheerleader for the Bills orginization and are as much part of the media as I am sitting in front of my computer. If you want to post slanted news on an official website, go talk to the webmaster and have him show you how. The title journalist should not be withing 50 words of your name in any byline.

Thank you.

in·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Majored in Home Economics billsfanone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Gee wiz. All we have to wait is one more year. Goodie!!!!

FU Chris Brown.

Talk about the Jills or charitable work or something else if you need to fill you blog with something.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dick will be fired after next year.

Would you rather have Dick go 4-12 in his last year or a new coach go 4-12 in his first year?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey, Tom Landry got 7 years before he produced a winning record.

With how knee jerk some of you are, you woulda fired him long before he ever made the Cowboys a top franchise in the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!

With how knee jerk some of you are, you woulda fired him long before he ever made the Cowboys a top franchise in the NFL.
    Dick was a loser in Chicago too. HE'S A PROVEN LOSER!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think 3 years in knee jerk when Atlantas and Miamis occur in this league now. Agree to disagree.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by oceros
    Dick was a loser in Chicago too. HE'S A PROVEN LOSER!
    Alright, then so was Tom Landry.

He produced a brilliant 0-11-1 record his first year as a coach...then it took 6 years for him to break .500.

I'm not saying that Dick is gonna ever do that...but firing the coach of this team and putting a new guy in is like putting a band aid on an open wound.

This team has far greater problems than it's HC.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy

Would you rather have Dick go 4-12 in his last year or a new coach go 4-12 in his first year?
    This is actually ponderous.....the answer is dick go 4-12...

A. There will be no doubt after that.

B. We will offically be in rebuild vs retool mode.

c. That will pave the way for a GM/coach type situation
    that may intice one of the heavy hitters.

d. Stop the dicking with the qb postion and get a proven winner.

e. Scrap cover 2

f. Scrap the prevent offense.

g. Wait for the talent curv on the Pats and others to fade a bit more.

h. Fill in rest people

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy

A new coach, because Dick will go 4-12 in 09 and the new coach will go 4-12 in 2010. I'd rather have the new guy get his first worthless season out of the way now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Shanahan sure would look good on our sideline, but noooooooooo. Let's not shake things up when we've already got "continuity".

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    A new coach, because Dick will go 4-12 in 09 and the new coach will go 4-12 in 2010. I'd rather have the new guy get his first worthless season out of the way now.
    i don't know if we'd suffer like that under a new coach.

I've had two years to this point as head man, and we were 3 wins better last year... and 5 wins better (best record in a decade) this year.

It doesn't take a lot to turn around a poorly coached team. Given it's college, and a good part of your record is based on how well you can recruit; but when i saw how dysfunctional the team was managed when i came in, i knew i could turn it around fast.

For a large part i think the bills are fairly well coached. or at least competently coached.

-I dislike our defensive coordinator, his defense is so vanilla I'd love to coach against it; he really needs to go. Our front seven just isn't good enough (there are playoff teams with worse secondaries then ours, it's good enough if you mate it with a good front seven and solid coaching scheme)

-the offensive coordinator is better then our last one. But he fell into predictable tenancies. Really, your game plan shouldn't be 20 plays per game. yet it seemed that was what we went into every game with. We need a better TE, serviceable FB, an NFL quality center, and a good WR. I could live with Trent for a few years.

the main problem we face, when playing playoff teams is, we don't do anything good enough to make a team plan for us. When you see bad teams beat good teams, 9 times out of 10, it is a bad team that does one thing well and everything else terrible. Right now the only phase of our game that is good enough to make opposing coaches sweat is our special teams; which, while they're good, aren't good enough to win us games.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    i don't know if we'd suffer like that under a new coach.

I've had two years to this point as head man, and we were 3 wins better last year... and 5 wins better (best record in a decade) this year.

It doesn't take a lot to turn around a poorly coached team. Given it's college, and a good part of your record is based on how well you can recruit; but when i saw how dysfunctional the team was managed when i came in, i knew i could turn it around fast.

For a large part i think the bills are fairly well coached. or at least competently coached.

-I dislike our defensive coordinator, his defense is so vanilla I'd love to coach against it; he really needs to go. Our front seven just isn't good enough (there are playoff teams with worse secondaries then ours, it's good enough if you mate it with a good front seven and solid coaching scheme)

-the offensive coordinator is better then our last one. But he fell into predictable tenancies. Really, your game plan shouldn't be 20 plays per game. yet it seemed that was what we went into every game with. We need a better TE, serviceable FB, an NFL quality center, and a good WR. I could live with Trent for a few years.

the main problem we face, when playing playoff teams is, we don't do anything good enough to make a team plan for us. When you see bad teams beat good teams, 9 times out of 10, it is a bad team that does one thing well and everything else terrible. Right now the only phase of our game that is good enough to make opposing coaches sweat is our special teams; which, while they're good, aren't good enough to win us games.
    the worst part about this is the front 7. Our two big off-season signings- Mitchell and Stroud, were both front 7 guys, plus all the guys we either drafted or resigned to be LB's or DL's- and it STILL sucks. That's just horrendous management.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The worst part is that I'm not even sure this is a "make or break" year.

I mean, Jesus; if they could bring Jauron back after this year, would it be totally surprising if they brought him back in 2010 if they go 7-8 or 8-8 next year?
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good friggin question. What is exactly the make or break benchmark? 500?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's what I figured when they retained him. It'll be his last year, they won't keep him around for 2010 and 2011 with another terrible record.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Alright, then so was Tom Landry.

He produced a brilliant 0-11-1 record his first year as a coach...then it took 6 years for him to break .500.

I'm not saying that Dick is gonna ever do that...but firing the coach of this team and putting a new guy in is like putting a band aid on an open wound.

This team has far greater problems than it's HC.
    Did Tom Laundry ever oversee a squad that started out 4-0 and then finished in last place in the NFC east?

That answer would be no. Its no because no team has EVER in the history of the NFL started 4-0 and finished last.

That is, until the 2008 Bills came around.> Congrats Dick

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    the worst part about this is the front 7. Our two big off-season signings- Mitchell and Stroud, were both front 7 guys, plus all the guys we either drafted or resigned to be LB's or DL's- and it STILL sucks. That's just horrendous management.
    Mitchell was not an upgrade.

Stroud was the middle of our line was much better this year with Stroud and Williams then it was last year.

Losing Crowell hurt, as Ellison shouldn't be on the field.

And our ends looked terrible (Denney looked like an NFL quality backup, but not a starter... none of the rest of the ends were worth mentioning)

Simply put we need a bunch of real pass rushers. I could live with average pass rushers. Getting Schobel back will help, but we need more then him. Even Bruce Smith had help. Other then Schobel no one on this team can get to the quarterback.

we wonder why he wasn't getting sacks the last two years? Simply put no one else can even threaten a pass rush in this defense.

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs down Re: Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal
    The worst part is that I'm not even sure this is a "make or break" year.

I mean, Jesus; if they could bring Jauron back after this year, would it be totally surprising if they brought him back in 2010 if they go 7-8 or 8-8 next year?

Ralph has to get at least 2 years out of him in order to dump him for the next bum...So sadly unless we lose 14 or 15 games (which is not likely) DJ is here for a good while...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Atleast you know one thing, Dick Jauron and his coaching staff OFFICIALLY have a fire lighten up under their ass! Think about this for a second. A new coaching staff comes in, they have the next 3 years of good faith from the fans!

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy Re: Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Atleast you know one thing, Dick Jauron and his coaching staff OFFICIALLY have a fire lighten up under their ass!

Unless that fire comes from the owner, it means absolutely nothing bro...