Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leonard

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Leonard

Leonard has made more plays in these two playoff games than our **** talking overrated saftey has in the whole season. Way to go FO you let another good play go.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!

Registered User Turbo.GUN.Hawk!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leonard

In defense of the Bills he kind of sucked in this team, but then again who does not?

Watching Gandy and Leonhard's value today sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
    In defense of the Bills he kind of sucked in this team, but then again who does not?

Watching Gandy and Leonhard's value today sucks.
    But I thought Gandy sucked and Leonard was too small?

It definitely makes me feel ill. Is it the system? the coaches? the players? the FO? I have no clue anymore. Guess I would say all of the above in some way shape or form.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Owen DeBoard
    Leonard has made more plays in these two playoff games than our **** talking overrated saftey has in the whole season. Way to go FO you let another good play go.
    What were we going to do? Sign him to a big contract. Do you think Leonard would be making plays behind our DL?

Our defense was not spectacular but it was a sound defense. Leonard would have struggled to make plays. In Baltimore he is able to use his playmaking skills because of the pressure they assert on QBs.

!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i doubt Leonhard would have succeeded with us, at least not like he has with the Ravens....Gandy on the other hand maybe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gandy wasn't that bad while he was here despite what some of the more pescimistic Bills fans were saying. (Needless to say I bet you Atlanta starts looking at options to replace Gandy through draft or FA.) So I will budge and say that pescimists were partially right but I will say that Gandy is a nice stop gap LT.

Leonard was a fanastic ST player and he made some plays on defense as well but afterall, who didn't feel good about Ko Simpson coming into this season? It obviously shows you how power and money can goto a promising persons head. I feel bad for Ko, he has all the tools, he could've been something special. We need to bring in some competition in the draft or FA for sure but I would keep Ko on board for next season and leave it be his job to lose.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gandy looks pretty solid tonight! Delhomme is playing like crap and AZ is capitalizing on all of the TO's. Kind of what it feels like to be a Bills fan, especially when JP is starting.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jake D is trying to top JP's " highlight reel " .
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Gandy wasn't that bad while he was here despite what some of the more pescimistic Bills fans were saying. (Needless to say I bet you Atlanta starts looking at options to replace Gandy through draft or FA.) So I will budge and say that pescimists were partially right but I will say that Gandy is a nice stop gap LT.

Leonard was a fanastic ST player and he made some plays on defense as well but afterall, who didn't feel good about Ko Simpson coming into this season? It obviously shows you how power and money can goto a promising persons head. I feel bad for Ko, he has all the tools, he could've been something special. We need to bring in some competition in the draft or FA for sure but I would keep Ko on board for next season and leave it be his job to lose.
    Mike Gandy not Wayne Gandy!
    You can call me streetkings

Majored in Home Economics billsfanone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it's the pussyfoot scheme the Bills run. I bet Whitner would look nice on the Ravens too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The coaching, its been our problem since Marv left. Id bet most the players that left here and succeeded elsewhere went to teams with better coaching and better talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    The coaching, its been our problem since Marv left. Id bet most the players that left here and succeeded elsewhere went to teams with better coaching and better talent.
    Right on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    What were we going to do? Sign him to a big contract. Do you think Leonard would be making plays behind our DL?

Our defense was not spectacular but it was a sound defense. Leonard would have struggled to make plays. In Baltimore he is able to use his playmaking skills because of the pressure they assert on QBs.
    Why would you have to sign him to a big contract? As far as making plays behind our DL he made 2 interceptions last year behind a ****tier DL last year, and he only started 6 games last year for the bills. He would have been good depth.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Owen DeBoard
    Dont forget bannan...It butresses my point of the qb's or 2004 post.

Those two where cast off busts on the Bills.

Put them on a good team with good supporting casts and smart coaching and you get a different result...go figure.

Watching Harbough coach of the raven made me marvel....he was involved...engaged....and his decisions and game plan matered tward the win...he was like a 12th player out there..

I am afraid Dick is here to fail.

Cant possibly be to win.

They know he will suck ...give Trent another year to prove he can play the "NFL" qb position....get another good year of draft position and usher in a new era of some kind.

They surley dont think he can out coach any of the playoff coaches?

They could not possibly...

So the plan must be to tank...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am leaning tward both....deficit of talent and coaching and pure luck.

There is a dark cloud over this team that needs to blow away...

Somebody need to figure out what spiritual debt this team has to pay and pay it and move on....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Leonard is a small piece on a very talented Defense. The scheme is different too. They are aggressive. He's always near the line of scrimmage if you notice. In Buff D he was back peddling all the time and getting smoked since Buff could not rush the passer. We have next to nothing compared to what Balt has on D so take it easy on Leonard. I bet Ko Simpson would be playing half decent too in that D.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we have better talent than both Gandy and Jim but our coaches don't know how to utilize them. we could've had an all pro team and we would waste their talent by making them conservative. I don't mind role plaaers as long as we have a great system and great coaches that know their X's and O's.

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

People are forgetting all the talent he is playing with on that defense. IMO, they are making Leonard look like a better player then he really is.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    People are forgetting all the talent he is playing with on that defense. IMO, they are making Leonard look like a better player then he really is.
    I agree . they are both role players in a good system but at least they can perform their roles right while we can't. We don't have a great system. We have a BASIC system thats conservative with no imagination whatsoever inspite of being told that we'd be more aggressive than 07 . Our players are put in a bad situation because it's so predictable.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the Bills built their D backwards.. they seem to have take a more proactive approach building the defensive backfield 1st .

The game is won and lost in the trenches, and until you have a front 4 that can apply pressure on the QB more often then not you are not done building the DL... this has been the largest problem in Buffalo. lack of urgency in building the OL and DL and keeping it built.

For years our OL was really really bad and we always short armed our attempts to make it better, and it cost us years of crappy seasons, AND CRAPPY OFFENSES. Now our OL has gotten somewhat better but still needs a major upgrade at a position that has been short armed, Center. Same with the DL. Our DL still needs a DE after numerous short armed attempts of fixing it.