Thread: Buffalo Bills Fans: Meet John Skelton

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills Fans: Meet John Skelton

The Buffalo Bills have holes the size of the Grand Canyon. It will take an unbelievable draft and a great free agency period to turn us around. It's not something that will happen overnight.

If you take a high-profiled QB in the early rounds, it's clearly a risk. If you were Buddy Nix, would you throw Jimmy Clausen to the dogs? No!

At the same time,we need OUR guy! The one, when you think "Bills football", sticks out in your mind. So, why not take a guy late in the draft who you can groom, or can step in if he earns the job through Training Camp?

John Skelton (No. 16 in picture), starting QB for the Fordham Rams (1-AA; Don't knock it, remember Joe Flacco?). The guy stands at 6'5", 244 pounds, and is projected as a sixth round pick according to multiple draft sites. His numbers aren't mid blowing like Tim Tebow's and Dan LeFevour's, and he didn't play at a big school, but when you look at his scouting report by cbssports.com, it's kind of hard to not look twice:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...t-john-skelton
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo Bills Fans: Meet John Skelton

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After the combine he put up he won't last much later then round 3... (apparently he was the best looking QB who threw at the combine)

That said, I was never amazingly impressed by him. He's dangerous and big.. but i don't think he translates well into the pros.

he really doesn't look to a 2nd option... at all in his progression... or lack there of. His footwork blows, and he doesn't read defenses well.

good arm though. i'll give him that much.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 03-04-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I presume then that any success in the pros will depend on how coachable he is. The optimist, which I am usually, would say that coming from a small time program he probably didn't get the coaching he needed to fix the things he does poorly. After all, Urban Meyer apparently did little to help Tim Tebow correct his flaws. Clearly though Skelton will be a project for the team that drafts him.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,472 Times in 14,180 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    After the combine he put up he won't last much later then round 3... (apparently he was the best looking QB who threw at the combine)

That said, I was never amazingly impressed by him. He's dangerous and big.. but i don't think he translates well into the pros.

he really doesn't look to a 2nd option... at all in his progression... or lack there of. His footwork blows, and he doesn't read defenses well.

good arm though. i'll give him that much.

He's all potential basically. Great size, and build. Cannon Arm, Smart Decisions Maker, and Deceptively Athletic for his size. I scouted him for Draft Nasty. Here is the link but its a premium content site so if you're not a member you can't read it;
    http://draftnasty.com/scouting/fcs-d.../john-skelton/

He is a four year starting QB but he struggles with consistency, footwork and reading D's.

My issue is like you he never blows you away on tape, he never takes over a game.

I see him a 5th-6th Round guy talent wise, who will need to sit for 2 years at the very least.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!