Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manning is MONEY

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Manning is MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    A person would have to be a mind reader to understand those numbers without any lables. You don't even say which are Kellys & which are Mannings. But I do understand 9-8. So yes, Peyton has the same amount of wins, but he has more losses.

And concerning Manning, I don't like him because as I said, I think he is shelfish & cares more about money than winning. And he is not the player he used to be but still wants to be paid like he is as good as he used to be.

I said I would take Eli over both Peyton & Tebow.

Ya a mind reader would have to know peyton manning didnt play in the early 90's and latr 80's

You obviously have an agenda and ignore clear information

MUCK
    FIAMI

2. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (01-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mikemac2001 View Post
    Ya a mind reader would have to know peyton manning didnt play in the early 90's and latr 80's

You obviously have an agenda and ignore clear information
    SERIOUSLY? Those numbers are CLEAR? RIDICULOUS.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Brady v. Manning had some battles for the ages.
    They did NOT play in the same division. So the Colts had little competition to win their division which means they made the playoffs. And how did Manning do against Brady when he faced him?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here is the difference between Brady & Peyton Manning:

Tom Brady cares about WINNING & is a team player.
    Peyton cares about MONEY & is Selfish.

Brady could have made a lot more money, but he left money on the table for the good of the team. It means more to him to win Championships than to make a few more dollars he can never spend in his lifetime.

Peyton on the other hand his entire career has gone after every last penny he could get, the team be damned. That is the reason the Colts could not surround him with the best team possible, and the reason the Colts only Won one Super Bowl. Peyton ate up too much of the cap.

And now if the Broncos don't cut him before April 1, they will owe Peyton $40 Million Guaranteed over the next two years.
    I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I don't remember Brady leaving money on the table. He may have, but I don't recall that. I do know that he signed a 4 year $72 million extension in 2010. So, without knowing all the details, it averages to $18/year. He did re-structue his contract last year, but he took lower salary and coverted all the money to bonus to make it more cap friendly. He actually did not get any less though. Manning's new contract was 5 years $96 million, so $19.2/year...again, I don't know the details of what's guaranteed, etc, but the overall number is in the same ballpark. He may or may not re-structure the way Brady did at some point, but I can't factor "maybe" into it.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They did NOT play in the same division. So the Colts had little competition to win their division which means they made the playoffs. And how did Manning do against Brady when he faced him?
    Before the cheating stopped Brady won, after the cheating stopped Manning did. That being said, its never qb v. qb. See football is a team sport.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's pretty sad that Tebow fans have been reduced to getting massive erections over Peyton Manning finally losing a football game since they haven't been able to say s*** during his 11 game winning streak. Meanwhile their super hero punt protector isn't even good enough to be the backup quarterback on his own team.

So who exactly is Tebow going to be leading to victory next season now that even the lowly Jags don't want him?

8. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (01-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

looks like we have a bunch of future bills gm's on this board. They'd take an inferior QB who doesn't even look like a QB over a hall of famer as their QB.

If tebortion wasn't a religious guy, he would have been laughed out of the league already.

10. Post thanked by:

Crisis (01-14-2013),Generalissimus Gibby (01-14-2013),jlgarsh (01-14-2013)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's pretty sad that Tebow fans have been reduced to getting massive erections over Peyton Manning finally losing a football game since they haven't been able to say s*** during his 11 game winning streak. Meanwhile their super hero punt protector isn't even good enough to be the backup quarterback on his own team.

So who exactly is Tebow going to be leading to victory next season now that even the lowly Jags don't want him?
    What's really sad is a big percentage of the Denver fanbase lobbied to have Tebow start last year.

I'm still loving all the Denver sports commentators and fans crying about the loss.

"But, But, But, we were supposed to win the Super Bowl.....Whaaaaaaa"

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like Tim Tebow, but would hesitate to have him as my starting QB.

The was an interesting program on NFL Network. They had 5 QB's on dealing with different aspects of Tebow's game. Nearly all of them thought he could be a successful QB. Steve Young pointed to the fact that it took a few years for him to become a good QB and TT needed a lot of work. Flutie pointed to his intangibles. Staubach talked about the religion factor.

Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.

13. Post thanked by:

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

SERIOUSLY? Those numbers are CLEAR? RIDICULOUS.
    Ya 1-1 1-1
    then 0-1 1-2

its pretty clear dude year record then overall record

then he has the year on the side.........how can i tell if those are mannings or kelly's

um because peyton manning didnt play in the nfl in 1988....so yes it was very clear you just dont want it to be. Tebow blower (and i dont hate tebow)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I like Tim Tebow, but would hesitate to have him as my starting QB.

The was an interesting program on NFL Network. They had 5 QB's on dealing with different aspects of Tebow's game. Nearly all of them thought he could be a successful QB. Steve Young pointed to the fact that it took a few years for him to become a good QB and TT needed a lot of work. Flutie pointed to his intangibles. Staubach talked about the religion factor.

Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.
    Tebow as a starter will be about as successful as Kordell Stewart. Tebow is very much a gimmick player whom you cannot build a contender around. He is the player you bring in from time to time on third and short or at other random times to add another demension to your offense. Heck, I'd like to see Tebow occassionally lined up as a wide receiver.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Manning- Future HOF'er
    Tebow- Doesnt know who he will be playing for next year if anyone

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm starting to wonder about the Tebow hate.

Is it because he hasn't progressed enough as a QB?

Or could it be the same reason Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were disliked by many in the '70's? They were devout Christians, too

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    looks like we have a bunch of future bills gm's on this board. They'd take an inferior QB who doesn't even look like a QB over a hall of famer as their QB.

If tebortion wasn't a religious guy, he would have been laughed out of the league already.
    Just because Peyton played like a HOF QB in the past does not mean he still does. Flacco was the better QB in that game by FAR. Peytons best days are behind him, but he is still making a boatload of money. I doubt he ever wins anything more than a division title again. And he would not even do that if he didn't play in a weak sauce division.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,990 Times in 3,526 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Or could it be the same reason Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were disliked by many in the '70's? They were devout Christians, too
    Does Rex Ryan hate Christians?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,990 Times in 3,526 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just because Peyton played like a HOF QB in the past does not mean he still does. Flacco was the better QB in that game by FAR. Peytons best days are behind him, but he is still making a boatload of money. I doubt he ever wins anything more than a division title again. And he would not even do that if he didn't play in a weak sauce division.
    Fact: If Peyton doesn't win the MVP this year he'll be in the top 3 in the voting.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

flacco had 8 yards in passing the second half until he connected on that TD at the end. Better qb? less turnovers, sure. but manning made for it for the most part.

neither team took hold of the momentum given to them multiple times. there were so many times that turnovers and questionable calls and the like had me thinking that one team could take over, and then they wouldn't.

The whole bronco brain trust on the sidelines is questionable. Del Rio has sucked for how many years? why does he keep getting a job? He didn't say before the drive, "don't let anyone behind you?" Fox is playing scared at home with manning at the helm?

Pathetic. and manning gets blame for sure. he looked like fitz out there. so many short dink and dunks. I actually thought he didn't look like he had much zip on the ball at times.

and the worst point, is now the ravens have played an extra quarter of football so this only helps the ***** patriots.

I hate tebow's politics and fake religiousness, but he sucks as a qb. he doesn't even look like he throws left handed. that is why its frustrating that his public persona keeps him in the spot light. it's like how none of us want to see tyler thigpen play. and no one knows or talks about thigpen. but if he looks like a qb. tebow does not.

23. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions (heck, by and large I admire these). However, I hate the fact that he is marketing his faith. I mean think about it, as you lived in the sixties and seventies you may well have seen Bishop Sheen's telecasts and if you are anything like me you probably liked them. However, would you want Bishop Sheen to be your team's qb? I wouldn't. My priest, confessor, and friend? Sure. My team's qb? No. Likewise, with Tim Tebow I hold nothing --and certainly not his faith -- against him. He seems like a nice, clean cut, kid with good moral values. However, in the NFL he has not done much on the gridiron. I understand how someone wouldn't get the hate, and really I don't either. However, I don't get the love for a kid who -- even if given the chance to be a fulltime starter -- will probably never be anything more than the White Kordell Stewart.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    Fact: If Peyton doesn't win the MVP this year he'll be in the top 3 in the voting.
    Fact: If Manning played in the AFC East, he would not have sniffed the division title & people would be laughing at him. He built the record he did playing against WEAK teams. He lost to the Falcons, Texans & Pats*. He did beat the Ravens during the season, but they were decimated by injuries at that time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    I don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions (heck, by and large I admire these). However, I hate the fact that he is marketing his faith. I mean think about it, as you lived in the sixties and seventies you may well have seen Bishop Sheen's telecasts and if you are anything like me you probably liked them. However, would you want Bishop Sheen to be your team's qb? I wouldn't. My priest, confessor, and friend? Sure. My team's qb? No. Likewise, with Tim Tebow I hold nothing --and certainly not his faith -- against him. He seems like a nice, clean cut, kid with good moral values. However, in the NFL he has not done much on the gridiron. I understand how someone wouldn't get the hate, and really I don't either. However, I don't get the love for a kid who -- even if given the chance to be a fulltime starter -- will probably never be anything more than the White Kordell Stewart.
    LOL. In the first sentence you say you don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions, then in the next sentence you say you do hate him & his convictions.