Power to Give Rep

Re: Manning is MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Good idea for a thread:

Who is the better Manning: Archie, Peyton, Eli
    Who is the better QB: Brady or Manning
    Who is the greatest QB in Colts history: John Unitas or Peyton Manning

****tard idea for a thread:

Who is a better qb: 1-1 Tim who will be in the Pulpit in five year Tebow who is a glorified RB or one of the greatest qbs in the history of the game. Damn, there is just so much fail in this thread
    Who was a better QB Doug Flutie or Tim Tebow?

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Flutie, more exciting to watch

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    After 2 years of their respective football careers, it's actually Tebow.

Flutie was just as bad on the field, if not worse, and a locker room cancer.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Manning has a super bowl ring moron.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I would rather have a QB like Tebow or Eli Manning that WINS playoff games than Peyton who CHOKES.

You start the dumbest threads. Comparing Tebow to Manning is ******ed. I don't know what's more stupid. This or you insisting teams that fire GM's do it right after the draft.

6. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (01-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    You start the dumbest threads. Comparing Tebow to Manning is ******ed. I don't know what's more stupid. This or you insisting teams that fire GM's do it right after the draft.
    I saw an article on profootball talk.com shortly after I posted about firing GM's that basicly said the same thing. I'm sure you can find it in their archives. The gist of it was it is STUPID to cut a GM before the draft. Wait until the draft & see how well those teams that let their GM go do.

Comparing Tebow & Peyton in DENVER:

Tebow: ONE playoff WIN

Peyton: ZERO playoff win.

The WINNER in this comparison: Tebow!

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I saw an article on profootball talk.com shortly after I posted about firing GM's that basicly said the same thing. I'm sure you can find it in their archives. The gist of it was it is STUPID to cut a GM before the draft. Wait until the draft & see how well those teams that let their GM go do.

Comparing Tebow & Peyton in DENVER:

Tebow: ONE playoff WIN

Peyton: ZERO playoff win.

The WINNER in this comparison: Tebow!
    Okay, Better Days, tomorrow the entire nation enters Bizarro World. The Broncos are so pissed at Manning that they let him go and the Jets realize they **** on Tebow and let him go. The NFL for increasing parity (or is it parody) decides that both qbs have to interview for the job in Buffalo. Who do you sign?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Okay, Better Days, tomorrow the entire nation enters Bizarro World. The Broncos are so pissed at Manning that they let him go and the Jets realize they **** on Tebow and let him go. The NFL for increasing parity (or is it parody) decides that both qbs have to interview for the job in Buffalo. Who do you sign?
    ELI Manning. I would rather have him than Peyton or Tim.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It helped a bunch that an Indy defense finally decided to show up during that run. What happened every other year? Crucial picks.
    in his last superbowl year?

nope. the indy d- did not show up that year. the year he won the superbowl it did. But that means little... name me one team that's won the superbowl with a defense that doesn't show up. Seriously dude... why does manning get held to a standard no one else does?

Brady never won a superbowl without a top 5 rated defense. Roethlisburger the same. Eli's two superbowls only happened because his defense held the pats to less then 20 points in both games... same for the saints defense holding the colts under 20... the packers had a top defense the year they won it with Rogers... I could go on and on... but the end result is every one of those superbowl victors had a defense that showed up and made a difference.

So all those victories count as great QB play, yet the only year in manning's career where the defense stepped up and helped him win a few games, suddenly invalidates manning's superbowl ring? How the heck do you make this argument with a straight face?
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Peyton Manning playoff record: 9-11 CHOKE

Then this apllies double to Jim Kelly, when we review his 0-4 SB games and most other playoff games. Correct ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he will earn money as well .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    in his last superbowl year?

nope. the indy d- did not show up that year. the year he won the superbowl it did. But that means little... name me one team that's won the superbowl with a defense that doesn't show up. Seriously dude... why does manning get held to a standard no one else does?

Brady never won a superbowl without a top 5 rated defense. Roethlisburger the same. Eli's two superbowls only happened because his defense held the pats to less then 20 points in both games... same for the saints defense holding the colts under 20... the packers had a top defense the year they won it with Rogers... I could go on and on... but the end result is every one of those superbowl victors had a defense that showed up and made a difference.

So all those victories count as great QB play, yet the only year in manning's career where the defense stepped up and helped him win a few games, suddenly invalidates manning's superbowl ring? How the heck do you make this argument with a straight face?
    Here is the difference between Brady & Peyton Manning:

Tom Brady cares about WINNING & is a team player.
    Peyton cares about MONEY & is Selfish.

Brady could have made a lot more money, but he left money on the table for the good of the team. It means more to him to win Championships than to make a few more dollars he can never spend in his lifetime.

Peyton on the other hand his entire career has gone after every last penny he could get, the team be damned. That is the reason the Colts could not surround him with the best team possible, and the reason the Colts only Won one Super Bowl. Peyton ate up too much of the cap.

And now if the Broncos don't cut him before April 1, they will owe Peyton $40 Million Guaranteed over the next two years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Then this apllies double to Jim Kelly, when we review his 0-4 SB games and most other playoff games. Correct ?
    Kelly choked in the Super Bowls, but his overall playoff record is much better than Peytons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kelly choked in the Super Bowls, but his overall playoff record is much better than Peytons.
    Actually no its not. Manning has just as many wins as Kelly did:
    88: 1-1 1-1
    89: 0-1 1-2
    90: 2-1 3-3
    91: 2-1 5-4
    92: 1-1 6-5 (bear in mind that Reich was the starter for the greatest comeback in NFL history and during the divisional playoff at Pittsburgh)
    93: 2-1 8-6
    95: 1-1 9-7
    96: 0-1 9-8

Also, Manning has been in three more playoffs than Jimbo. This takes nothing away from Kelly, but Manning -- as seen by the 2011 Colts -- took some really ****ty teams (that often lacked a D) and got them into the playoffs. Sorry betterdays, you are incorrect here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually no its not. Manning has just as many wins as Kelly did:

88: 1-1 1-1
    89: 0-1 1-2
    90: 2-1 3-3
    91: 2-1 5-4
    92: 1-1 6-5 (bear in mind that Reich was the starter for the greatest comeback in NFL history and during the divisional playoff at Pittsburgh)
    93: 2-1 8-6
    95: 1-1 9-7
    96: 0-1 9-8

Also, Manning has been in three more playoffs than Jimbo. This takes nothing away from Kelly, but Manning -- as seen by the 2011 Colts -- took some really ****ty teams (that often lacked a D) and got them into the playoffs. Sorry betterdays, you are incorrect here.
    I don't understand what those numbers you posted mean. 1-1 1-1 What does that mean?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't understand what those numbers you posted mean. 1-1 1-1 What does that mean?
    From your stance of wanting Tebow over a first ballot Hall of Fame QB it seems you don't understand much. That being said, the first column of numbers is the record for the playoffs from that season, the second column is the cumulative win loss record.

for instance

1988: 1-1, 1-1
    1989: 0-1, 1-2
    1990: 2-1, 3-3
    1991: 2-1, 5-4
    1992: 1-1, 6-5
    1993: 2-1, 8-6
    1995: 1-1, 9-7
    1996: 0-1, 9-8

Kelly has a 9-8 playoff record, same amount of wins as Manning.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

From your stance of wanting Tebow over a first ballot Hall of Fame QB it seems you don't understand much. That being said, the first column of numbers is the record for the playoffs from that season, the second column is the cumulative win loss record.

for instance

1988: 1-1, 1-1
    1989: 0-1, 1-2
    1990: 2-1, 3-3
    1991: 2-1, 5-4
    1992: 1-1, 6-5
    1993: 2-1, 8-6
    1995: 1-1, 9-7
    1996: 0-1, 9-8

Kelly has a 9-8 playoff record, same amount of wins as Manning.
    A person would have to be a mind reader to understand those numbers without any lables. You don't even say which are Kellys & which are Mannings. But I do understand 9-8. So yes, Peyton has the same amount of wins, but he has more losses.

And concerning Manning, I don't like him because as I said, I think he is shelfish & cares more about money than winning. And he is not the player he used to be but still wants to be paid like he is as good as he used to be.

I said I would take Eli over both Peyton & Tebow.
    Last edited by better days; 01-14-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A person would have to be a mind reader to understand those numbers without any lables. You don't even say which are Kellys & which are Mannings. But I do understand 9-8. So yes, Peyton has the same amount of wins, but he has more losses.
    And Peyton went to the playoffs three more times than Kelly too, with some much worse defenses.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And Peyton went to the playoffs three more times than Kelly too, with some much worse defenses.
    True, but Peyton played in a weaker division which was a BIG help. Kelly & the Bills had to battle HOF QB Dan Marino his entire career to win the AFC East. Who did Peyton have to battle? And I think that is the reason Peyton chose to go to the Broncos over the Titans or Fins. He looked at the AFC West & rightly thought it would be an EASY division to win.
    Last edited by better days; 01-14-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

True, but Peyton played in a weaker division which was a BIG help. Kelly & the Bills had to battle HOF QB Dan Marino his entire career to win the AFC East. Who did Peyton have to battle? And I think that is the reason Peyton chose to go to the Broncos over the Titans or Fins. He looked at the AFC West & rightly thought it would be an EASY division to win.
    Brady v. Manning had some battles for the ages.