Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills hire Pepper Johnson on staff

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Bills hire Pepper Johnson on staff

This is an excellent hire

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer28m
    Goes w/Schwartz >> RT @brian_mcintyre RT @coachingsearch: Per source, former #Patriots assistant Pepper Johnson will join the Bills staff.

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW20m
    Had been with Patriots since 2000. RT @coachingsearch: Per source, former #Patriots assistant Pepper Johnson will join the Bills staff.

Sal Capaccio@SalSports16m
    Huge if true! I called for this last week! RT @coachingsearch Per source, former #Patriots ast. Pepper Johnson will join #Bills staff.

Pete Roussel@coachingsearch39m
    Per source, former #Patriots assistant Pepper Johnson will join the Buffalo Bills staff.

Last edited by mrbojanglezs; 01-31-2014 at 07:51 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (01-31-2014),black N yellow (01-31-2014)

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills hire Pepper Johnson on staff

Per a new england reporter for those wondering

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nice.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 8,923 Times in 5,311 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brandon Spikes assistance please.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (01-31-2014),Dr. Who (02-01-2014),jimmifli (02-01-2014),tampabay25690 (01-31-2014),The last buffalo fan (01-31-2014),YardRat (01-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fred Pagac of Minnesota is also joining the Bills

CoachingSearch has learned that the Buffalo Bills will add Pepper Johnson and Fred Pagac to the staff.

Johnson will coach Buffalo’s defensive line. He had been with the New England Patriots since 2000, most recently serving as linebackers coach for the past two seasons. The Patriots are the only organization Johnson has coached for.

Pagac most recently served as the Minnesota Vikings' linebackers coach last season. The 61-year-old was an assistant at Ohio State from 1978-2000 (where he coached Johnson), then spent time with the Oakland Raiders (2001-03) and Kansas City Chiefs (2004-05) before joining Minnesota in 2006.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Pepper-Johnson-Fred-Pagac-to-join-Buffalo-Bills-staff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Brandon Spikes assistance please.
    I hope that attracts him here, although he hasn't spoken highly of Buffalo in the past. It is just what we need and then kick Kiko to weak side

8. Post thanked by:

better days (01-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have to give Marrone a lot of credit for filling his staff this off season even if I am not happy he has kept Crossman.

I think this staff will be better than the staff last year. And I think the roster will be better as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see that today Anthony Weaver is not on the coaching staff for the Bills (first day), nor is he on the staff for the Browns, or is there any new news if he will coach for the Browns. I wonder if he could of screwed himself out of a job with the Bills, by asking permission to be interviewed by the Browns. Wikipedia says he's with the Browns, but anyone can put something on Wikipedia, there's no other source saying so.

11. Post thanked by:

better days (01-31-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Loved him at Ohio St. Played every snap like it was his last.

This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is all I can think of when I hear the name Pepper Johnson.

c32fc368.jpg
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

14. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (01-31-2014),coastal (01-31-2014),Famous Amos (02-01-2014),Fixxxer (02-01-2014),jamze132 (02-01-2014),jimmifli (02-01-2014),mrbojanglezs (01-31-2014),MTBillsFan (02-03-2014),Skooby (02-01-2014),Thurmal (02-01-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

this is all i can think of when i hear the name pepper johnson

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

HUUUUGE!!!!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOVE IT!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kudos to landing Johnson not sure on Pagac but reading into things maybe Pepper wanted to work with him so don't mind bringing them both in. Time will tell just how well these guys will end up working together as one thing I liked about Pettine, O'Neil, Weaver and Henderson had a working history whereas Schwarz, Johnson, Pagac don't really have that and just hope everyone's on the same page. The only spot left is WR coach assuming we fill it with someone outside of Hostler.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Kudos to landing Johnson not sure on Pagac but reading into things maybe Pepper wanted to work with him so don't mind bringing them both in. Time will tell just how well these guys will end up working together as one thing I liked about Pettine, O'Neil, Weaver and Henderson had a working history whereas Schwarz, Johnson, Pagac don't really have that and just hope everyone's on the same page. The only spot left is WR coach assuming we fill it with someone outside of Hostler.
    Well, Pagac coached Pepper in College & Schwartz & Pepper both have ties to Belicheck.

I am liking this staff, EXPERIENCED guys, an upgrade from what Pettine had under him last year.

20. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here is a fun fact: Pepper Johnson has been with Bill Belichick for 24 years of his life...that's a mighty long time.

- Pepper played for the Giants for five years when Belichick was the defensive coordinator there

- Pepper played for the Browns for three years when Belichick was the Head Coach there

- Pepper played for the Jets for two years when Belichick was the assistant head coach / defensive guy there.

- Pepper coached linebackers and d-line the entire time Belichick has been the Head Coach for the Patriots, and that's 14 years.

Do the math...that's 24 years.

Nobody has been with Belichick longer in his football life. Dunno why he "decided" to leave, but Pepper Johnson has a great opportunity in Buffalo as the d-line coach...three Bills d-lineman played in the Pro Bowl this year.

22. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (02-01-2014),MTBillsFan (02-03-2014),SquishDaFish (02-01-2014),The last buffalo fan (02-01-2014),ublinkwescore (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Here is a fun fact: Pepper Johnson has been with Bill Belichick for 24 years of his life...that's a mighty long time.

- Pepper played for the Giants for five years when Belichick was the defensive coordinator there

- Pepper played for the Browns for three years when Belichick was the Head Coach there

- Pepper played for the Jets for two years when Belichick was the assistant head coach / defensive guy there.

- Pepper coached linebackers and d-line the entire time Belichick has been the Head Coach for the Patriots, and that's 14 years.

Nobody has been with Belichick longer in his football life. Dunno why he "decided" to leave, but Pepper Johnson has a great opportunity in Buffalo as the d-line coach...three Bills d-lineman played in the Pro Bowl this year.
    There's talk about him wanting to further his career, and that he had reached a plateau with the Patsies. If it is due to being ambitious, then that's no bad thing. Nothing coming from either him or the Patsies has any sort of sour grape flavour to it, as far as I can tell.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody has been with Belichick longer in his football life. Dunno why he "decided" to leave, but Pepper Johnson has a great opportunity in Buffalo
    maybe he wants to get out before marcias arm deteriorates to the point belicheat goes back to being a painfully mediocre non-genius

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buddo View Post
    There's talk about him wanting to further his career, and that he had reached a plateau with the Patsies. If it is due to being ambitious, then that's no bad thing. Nothing coming from either him or the Patsies has any sort of sour grape flavour to it, as far as I can tell.
    Your correct. From what sports reporters here in Pats country are saying is he wanted to further his career and felt he did all he can do with the Cheatorits

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Belichick just planted a spy on the Bills staff.

I jest.

I see Coach Sal still selling himself at every turn.

27. Post thanked by:

Oldbillsfan (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Florio is using a different calculator...

Johnson coached with Bill Belichick in New England for 14 seasons, and previously played for Belichick for 12 other years.

More importantly, we learned tonight that Pepper acquired his nickname from a habit of sprinkling pepper on his breakfast cereal
    Last edited by swiper; 02-01-2014 at 06:14 AM.