Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Balls & Goats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Balls & Goats

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Also, Mario Williams (hi coastal) keeps contain on his side as well as any DE in the NFL. They tried to move the pocket and bootleg Teddy a few times and Mario diagnosed and blew it up instantly. He was a big reason Teddy had to stay in the non-existent pocket and get rekt by Hughes and Dareus all game.
    That's funny. You sure about that? Last season he ranked as the worst of our defensive linemen by PFF or FO, one of the two, in doing that very thing.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Apparently you missed the dominance they had in pressuring Bridgewater all day and knocking him on his countless times. Or the number of points given up by the defense in this game
    LMAO

No homerism there or anything.

See my previous post on how many points the Vikes had scored before this.

Bridgewater, LOL. OK

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    Balls:

The DL, great penetration all game Long
    Since when does a DL get credit for allowing 58 yards to a rushing attack led by a no-name RB that averated 5.4 ypc?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,694 Times in 8,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    In four of their last five games they've scored 7, 9, 10, and 3 points. Holding them to 16 while allowing 158 yards rushing against a RB you've never heard of is hardly validating that this defense is good.

No, their season long numbers validate that it is good
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-20-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LMAO

No homerism there or anything.

See my previous post on how many points the Vikes had scored before this.

Bridgewater, LOL. OK
    None at all.

You can call me a homer all you want.

I don't think the people that read this place regularly and have been doing so longer than you would call me a homer.

But saying anything positive is being a homer, eh?

And you wonder why people don't kiss your ass.....
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-20-2014 at 06:57 PM.

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's funny. You sure about that? Last season he ranked as the worst of our defensive linemen by PFF or FO, one of the two, in doing that very thing.
    And this year he is one of the best

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    you wanna call him a goat after a 4th and 20 conversion? That is pretty clutch ...
    You trust that reliably? I don't. That why he's romo-like. Big sometimes but so frustrating others.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,932 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ball: Vikings play calling, allowing the Bills to stay in it.

Goats: All of them, almost losing to the Vikings.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anybody that actually wants to give Orton a goat in this game is completely out of their minds. The guy drove the team down the field over 100 yards net on that final drive. Every single play on that drive was a pass play. Orton gets the game ball. The real goats are the humps that were calling for Orton to be pulled in favor of EJ Manuel when things weren't looking so good. Orton is better than EJ, period. Good lord, Orton was a pillar on that drive. Didn't trip. That's what matters. Some will lead you to believe that every sack is Orton's fault...not so. He made mistakes but came through in the clutch.

Watkins had nine catches, each one resulting in a first down...nine catches for 122 yards and both of the Bills touchdowns in this game, including 3 passes caught for 39 yards on the final drive. Another goat goes to certain douchebags that are holding off on their criticism of Watkins this week, waiting and hoping that he does poorly soon so certain threads can be bumped or otherwise revisited. "I told you so." What kind of douchebags are these. I think most of us know.

These are the two players of the game. Hughes and Dareus. Cannot diss McKelvin or Chandler, either. I loved Hogan for a minute there.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-20-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And this year he is one of the best
    Link?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, their season long numbers validate that it is good
    Your reference wasn't to the season, it was to that particular game. Unless we've played Bridgewater seven times.

Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter

Apparently you missed the dominance they had in pressuring Bridgewater all day and knocking him on his countless times. Or the number of points given up by the defense in this game
    Nice attempt at backtracking though, and fantastic effort at ignoring it all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your reference wasn't to the season, it was to that particular game. Unless we've played Bridgewater seven times.
    I talked about their pass rush actually.
    Which you ignored. Probably because it does not make them sound like they sucked. And anything that is not 100% negative, even if it is not, hurts your little internet gimmick

Nice attempt at backtracking though, and fantastic effort at ignoring it all.
    That's funny.

The run defense was not good Sunday. I never said otherwise.

But it has been good all year.
    And at the end of the day, the defense allowed 16 points even after 4 turnovers by the offense and that really is not that bad
    But you won't even admit that.
    The difference is that I will look at things honestly without a pre-determined conclusion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

None at all.

You can call me a homer all you want.

I don't think the people that read this place regularly and have been doing so longer than you would call me a homer.

But saying anything positive is being a homer, eh?

And you wonder why people don't kiss your ass.....
    I've never asked nor wanted anyone to kiss my ass. It would be nice however not to be met with a barrage of childish bull**** everytime early in the season myself and others attempt to engage each other, with other VOLUNTARILY jumping in and (as trapezeus put it) "urinating" all over the place.

While your on the topic though, if anyone's ass should be kissed, maybe it's the asses of the handful of posters here like OP, Tackledummy, coastal, etc. that actually seem to know what they're talking about instead of those whose opinions change with the possession of the football in every game. Literally in the game-day threads. Hell, even play to play sometimes. It's both hilarious and insane.

Most of our positions haven't changed much if at all since the beginning of the season. That should clue you in.

Still, no one wants their ass kissed, but how about the people that throw the term "troll" around like it's the word "the" and slander and malign the others giving it a vacation for the rest of the season since most of them, you in there too, couldn't possibly be a whole lot more off.

Elite D: FAIL
    Best WRs in the NFL: FAIL
    Elite RBs: FAIL
    Best DL in the NFL: Only when they play teams featuring 2nd and 3rd string RBs or QBs that suck.
    Top notch DBs that won't miss Byrd: FAIL
    Mike Williams over Stevie Johnson: FAIL
    Manuel: LOL
    Scwhartz: Below average passing defense
    Marrone: LOL

This has become an annual exercise, kinda like an extended holiday. 3/4 of this forum stirs up malcontent among its members, then when they're proven wrong over all the malcontent that they've created based on insisting that they're right, they piss all over everyone once they're wrong because what, oh, I don't know, but it seems like they have issues going back to childhood with being wrong after having beaten everyone over the head about how right they are.

Pretty much sums up the place.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-21-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Link?
    It was tweeted last week. I don't have a premium account

Do you have a link to your claim that he was one of the worst?

16. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-21-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,105 Times in 4,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Woods gets a goat. Practically invisible except for a fumble.

Come to think of it, he's been invisible all season.
    He's the team's best blocking WR, by far. He's had 2 very productive games so far, receiving wise. He hasn't been invisible, you just haven't been watching.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've never asked nor wanted anyone to kiss my ass. It would be nice however not to be met with a barrage of childish bull**** everytime early in the season myself and others attempt to engage each other, with other VOLUNTARILY jumping in and (as trapezeus put it) "urinating" all over the place.
    Bull crap.

I have tried several times to try and discuss things rationally with you only to be jumped on. And Trap has done that as well. So get over yourself. You've been shown several examples of it.

While your on the topic though, if anyone's ass should be kissed, maybe it's the asses of the handful of posters here like OP, Tackledummy, coastal, etc. that actually seem to know what they're talking about instead of those whose opinions change with the possession of the football in every game. Literally in the game-day threads. Hell, even play to play sometimes. It's both hilarious and insane.
    The difference with you and people like Op and Coastal is that they are willing to change their minds and give credit when players play well. And yes - people are emotional and change their minds.

Most of our positions haven't changed much if at all since the beginning of the season. That should clue you in.
    It does. Although I would not say that about Op and Coastal. Who are willing to evaluate the team for how they are playing.

Still, no one wants their ass kissed, but how about the people that throw the term "troll" around like it's the word "the" and slander and malign the others giving it a vacation for the rest of the season since most of them, you in there too, couldn't possibly be a whole lot more off.

Elite D: FAIL
    Best WRs in the NFL: FAIL
    Elite RBs: FAIL
    Best DL in the NFL: Only when they play teams featuring 2nd and 3rd string RBs or QBs that suck.
    Top notch DBs that won't miss Byrd: FAIL
    Mike Williams over Stevie Johnson: FAIL
    Manuel: LOL
    Scwhartz: Below average passing defense
    Marrone: LOL
    The defense is pretty damn good - I know you like to ignore the stats thrown out that aren't negative. But it's true.

And I don't recall anybody saying they had the best WRs in the NFL. Can you link that for me?

And yes - losing Byrd was dumb. I've said that several times as well.

The passing defense is just about average - 19th in the NFL too.
    This has become an annual exercise, kinda like an extended holiday. 3/4 of this forum stirs up malcontent among its members, then when they're proven wrong over all the malcontent that they've created based on insisting that they're right, they piss all over everyone once they're wrong because what, oh, I don't know, but it seems like they have issues going back to childhood with being wrong after having beaten everyone over the head about how right they are.

Pretty much sums up the place.
    You don't get it, do you? And I doubt you ever will.

It's not just about right or wrong.

The fact is many people here have strong debates with people like Coastal and Op. And they don't have issues with them.

You, on the other hand, appear to not to have an ounce of respect for anybody else except yourself.

Try to show at least a little bit when discussing things. Maybe, once in awhile, acknowledge that somebody actually made a good point when discussing things with you. Maybe even not talk down to people.

Whether you are aware of it or not, there are other people here who have watched a lot of football and watched a lot of Bills football. Some of them actually do know something about the game too.

Not all of us think all is well with the team. hell, many of us (myself included) still think this team has a long way to go.

But many of us also know that there are good things on this team too. And while we are willing to discuss the bad on this team we are also willing to discuss the good on the team

The fact is they are 4-3 after 7 games, which is better than I thought they would be. I expected a 6 win season. But they look like they could be a 8 win team now. Of course it's the Bills and they could end up 4-12. But right now they are exceeding my expectations and I would guess yours.

In the end, if you at least pretend to respect others (or actually respect them) and accept that we discuss things here and we don't all blindly agree it will go a long way.

After about 15 years of message boarding, I've learned that.

19. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (10-21-2014),trapezeus (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,352 Times in 13,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He's the team's best blocking WR, by far. He's had 2 very productive games so far, receiving wise. He hasn't been invisible, you just haven't been watching.
    I've watched every game. Blocking is nice but it's not a WR's main responsibility and it does NOT make up for fumbling away a first down. And 2 productive games out of 7 so far? Come on. That's invisible by my standards.

Then again, defending guys like that is par for the course around here, going back at least to Schobel. Schobel, Remersma, Whitner, Chandler, Spiller, Woods- people remember the two good games but always forget about the 3 or 4 in between where their guy didn't show up.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,105 Times in 4,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I've watched every game. Blocking is nice but it's not a WR's main responsibility and it does NOT make up for fumbling away a first down. And 2 productive games out of 7 so far? Come on. That's invisible by my standards.

Then again, defending guys like that is par for the course around here, going back at least to Schobel. Schobel, Remersma, Whitner, Chandler, Spiller, Woods- people remember the two good games but always forget about the 3 or 4 in between where their guy didn't show up.
    I wasn't defending him. He hasn't been invisible. He's thrown several key blocks. You could argue that all of the WRs were invisible until Orton took over as QB.

Relax, for **** sakes. They won yesterday. Save your negativity for when it's necessary.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,352 Times in 13,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I wasn't defending him. He hasn't been invisible. He's thrown several key blocks. You could argue that all of the WRs were invisible until Orton took over as QB.

Relax, for **** sakes. They won yesterday. Save your negativity for when it's necessary.
    It's a balls/goats thread. Everyone else already mentioned all my other choices before I got here.

And a WR who only blocks (and fumbles) is invisible.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't believe Wood's fumble should have been called a fumble.

Balls: Watkins, Darreus, Hughes

Goats: our kickoff specialist, rush defense, offensive line

almost goat: Orton, had some nice throws and last drive brought him from that designation. If Bills lose that game, he is on everyone's list as goat. Tell me I'm wrong about that and I'll tell you you're a liar. Fumble, interception and held the ball way too long several times.

Chandler had that one really bad drop which he redeemed himself for with the next catch.

Spiller for being caught from behind.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

24. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (10-21-2014)