Thread: AFC Defensive Player of the week: Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up AFC Defensive Player of the week: Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...layers-of-week

The AFC Defensive Player of the Week was Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman. Robey-Coleman led Buffalo's defense in a 30-19 victoryover the Rams in Los Angeles. The former USC Trojan made a triumphant return to the Coliseum, picking offRams quarterback Case Keenumtwice -- including taking one back 41 yards for the score.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-12-2016),YardRat (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: AFC Defensive Player of the week: Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman

2 weeks in a row the Bills have the defensive player of the week. Congrats to Robey. That pick 6 was huge.

4. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Interesting. I'd have gone with Lorenzo. 3 sacks and he was about to get a 4th when Keenum threw the ball away for Robey's 2nd pick.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2nd straight award for the Bills. D Scheme seems to be working.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    2nd straight award for the Bills. D Scheme seems to be working.
    We've given up 87 points so far this year, which is tied for 3rd among teams that haven't had their bye week, tied for 5th in points allowed per game. We're 4 sacks away from our 2015 sack total already. We're 3rd in the league in takeaways, and 2nd in turnover differential at +9. I'm not mad about it.

8. Post thanked by:

Night Train (10-12-2016),Skooby (10-12-2016)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    We've given up 87 points so far this year, which is tied for 3rd among teams that haven't had their bye week, tied for 5th in points allowed per game. We're 4 sacks away from our 2015 sack total already. We're 3rd in the league in takeaways, and 2nd in turnover differential at +9. I'm not mad about it.
    Sounds like a tank to me.

10. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex ****ed up hard when he tried to meld the systems.

He's got guya bought in but don't underestimate how much an impact turning over the playcalling to Thurman is. I'm sure Rex has 'Final Say' and if he sees something in a particular down and distance and wants to call his shot, then cool.

I think this is his first year being a true head coach. Letting his coordinators do their job, and him developing a game plan on both sides of the ball.

Hope they manage to keep it up, players and coaches alike.

12. Post thanked by:

Topas (10-13-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of credit should go to Ed Reed. I'm convinced he was a big part of getting the players to buy in to the system and teaching the secondary how to excel. Let's hope they can keep it up.

14. Post thanked by:

Skooby (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of credit should go to Ed Reed. I'm convinced he was a big part of getting the players to buy in to the system and teaching the secondary how to excel. Let's hope they can keep it up.
    Ed has taught the players that if you are going to tackle someone, hurt them and take the ball. We try every play to punish our opponents, every play on defense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't underestimate the coaching contributions Rob Ryan has made too. He's been pretty instrumental in studying opponents and developing red zone defenses.

17. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I guess not having Mario on the field phoning it in every play helps the defense out a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whaley should get some credit too, instead of just random grief.

Zach Brown is #1 in tackles, and Lorenzo Alexander is #1 in sacks. These guys are making like 50 cents between them filling in for Lawson and Ragland. We have players meant for depth making defensive players of the week. Whaley never gets enough credit for his ability to find players to plug-in. Oh, and the Shady trade was HUGE...he's been carrying this offense, basically.

20. Post thanked by:

kscdogbillsfan1221 (10-13-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Whaley should get some credit too, instead of just random grief.

Zach Brown is #1 in tackles, and Lorenzo Alexander is #1 in sacks. These guys are making like 50 cents between them filling in for Lawson and Ragland. We have players meant for depth making defensive players of the week. Whaley never gets enough credit for his ability to find players to plug-in. Oh, and the Shady trade was HUGE...he's been carrying this offense, basically.
    I give a lot of grief towards Whaley for his mistakes, but he's definitely made some sound football moves. I've never called for him to be replaced. However, as we all know, the real puppet master is Russ Brandon. He's the one who truly deserves the credit.