Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    so lets embrace McDermotts D

Thanks
    Thanked 11,484 Times in 7,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

from someone who played under McD as a dc at panthers and Frazier here in BUF.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,743 Times in 7,794 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Nottie, why wouldn’t Frazier just quit then? Why the dramatic take a year off crap. Is he under contract and taking a leave of absence? Was Buffalo holding the spot?

Frazier will get plenty of interviews in the years to come. No job but interviews.

Maybe an interim gig and then with luck…. Who knows. The accelerator program means nothing, you copy and pasted word salad. Thanks for the bold bits.
    Frazier has said why. You just don’t want to listen to him.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,210 Times in 5,933 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Frazier gave an excuse for no longer being employed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I spoke in another thread about this situation before it happened. Fire McDermott probably or the Fire Frazier thread--suggested they would all sit down and figure it out together and the owner had a big role in that.

What we have seen transpire is the result of the above happening. They decided the team needed to find some new thinking. And they are all men they can sit there and talk about how to help protect Frazier from being a scapegoat for anything. He doesn't need that **** just because he finds himself in a situation that needs to find a different dynamic and he's the most logical place to make a change.

The head coach is next if there aren't results. It's just a matter of having a lot of $$$ and effort tied up right now and needing the mix to render different results--which means shaking up the mix.

I bet McDermott is pissed off. Can't wait to see what he comes up with when he's pissed off and not just riding a bull**** rollercoaster which is what he was on last season.
    As far as Frazier interviewing for head coaching jobs consider from his perspective he's boxed into a corner on that one because that is his goal and he doesn't want to not interview and miss that opportunity even if he really wants a year off.

Everything we are talking about here is very complicated and involves a lot of people all of whom have their own perspectives. Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets hired as a head coach and McDermott suddenly hires a defensive coordinator or any combination of those things happening.
    There is zero evidence that most of this is true. (Although I do agree with this: “Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets hired as a head coach and McDermott suddenly hires a defensive coordinator or any combination of those things happening.”)

I already spoke about this in another thread and nothing has changed to refute the credibility of what I wrote.

Every indication is that the story that Frazier decided to take a year off, and why, is the by far the most likely. Extremely close to the truth.

The idea of "Fire McDermott probably or the Fire Frazier” is inactive of the “fickle fan” that Tim Graham spoke about (quoted in the link above) who accurately opines that “much of the fan reaction (to Frazier taking a leave) was pathetic

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Anyone who thinks he wasn’t essentially fired is just delusional. He did not just decide to take some time off from coaching…lol

Bills wanted to tweak the defense philosophy and he refused to bend…like his defenses. Pun intended.
    Actually, the OPPOSITE is probably true.

As I wrote in another thread....

the idea that Frazier was pushed out, or left because of the phantom idea that defensive play calling was being taken away...I doubt VERY MUCH and there is zero evidence of that....except in the musings on ill informed “fans” guessing.

The upshot is that a lot of Bills “fans” suck. They don’t deserve an elite team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah....the assistant coach who is “embarrassed” (probably more pissed off than embarrassed) is talking (disgustingly so) directly to those “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him”

Another example of some “fans” not knowing the first clue what they are talking about (in respect to what goes on within the Bills organization) in order to **** on a Bills coach.

how is paragraph 1 lead to number 2 AND show any credibility? Joe B (not a coaching or front office insider) hinted… or speculated like the rest of us.

hinting speculation is not credible.

but feel free to link yourself at will. It’s a soothing blue color.

(is self linking like “self manipulation”?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    from someone who played under McD as a dc at panthers and Frazier here in BUF.

Yeah....I saw that too.

The context of what Klein said was in relation to his (Klein’s) experience with McDermott in Carolina.

He also said that coaches evolve and grow and change.

The “we’ll be more aggrieve this year” is the kind of talk we always hear in Mini-camp and Training camp.

It’s hand-in-hand with....’(fill in the blank with a player) is in the best shape of his life’

The idea that (as Cali opined...and I shot down with pin point accuracy) that “...im pretty sure this proves our point that Frazier was fired” (it does not in any way, shape or form)...."so lets embrace McDermotts D and acknowledge Fraziers defense wasnt providing the scheme that McDermott was trying to implement”

Is not supported by the facts.

Again, Tim Graham addressed this little piece of illogic and dismissed it out of hand quite easily....

Sweeping changes aren’t coming to Buffalo’s defensive schemes, which have thrived for several years despite consecutive postseason collapses.
    The Bills this week expressed little concern about making a smooth transition because there won’t be much of one.

Though fans acted as though Frazier locked McDermott out of closed-door defensive meetings and unilaterally called blitzes and coverages without input, the Bills always have, in fact, deployed McDermott’s defensive desires.

That’s why the Bills still might not have staged a search for Frazier’s replacement even if he’d informed them of his plans immediately after the season. Maybe they would have interviewed Vic Fangio and Steve Wilks, but my sense is there would not have been a hot pursuit of anybody outside the organization.
    What I do think is happening (and I believe that if FRAZIER did not decide ON HIS OWN, to take a leave from coaching, there would have been NO change to him being DC or the defensive pays calling)....McDermott sees this as an opportunity to “roll up his sleeves” and get back into the nitty gritty of play calling.

HIS system has been put in place and executed extremely well in the six years he and Frazier have been together. (Don't forget that Frazier was not only DC but assisant head coach for three seasons...2020-2022), and it would have been counterproductive to bring in another DC (or have anyone else take on defensive play calling)....so the best option is to provide continuity with what has been doing well, and just call the plays himself.

Will his play calling be “more aggressive”??? I guess that depends on how you define “more aggressive”. Much of that depends on personnel.

Last season, with so many injuries with the Bills having three of their best defenders, Tre’ White, Von Miller and Micah Hyde missing so many games....Tre’ played in only 8 games (and was not 100% in most of those) Von Miller played in 10.5 games and Hyde played in only 2. Not getting into the injuries on the D-Line and CB), it affects the defense.

Despite all the challenges, the Bills defense was still #2 in least points allowed. Best not fool yourself (in general....not specially you) into thinking that the defense was so terrible and in dire need of big changes. It wasn't and it doesn’t

With Von Miller (hopefully) coming back relatively early in the sedans, Rousseau with another year under his belt, and the HUGE addition of Hyde and Poyer (hopefully) not having as many injuries as he did last year and Tre’ White starting the seasons at 100%, yes, that gives McDermott a much stronger hand to play more “aggressively”

I don’t buy the idea Frazier was doing anything that McDermott did not fully approve of.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A defensive player commented , when McD was taking over the DC duties … “it will be nice to have a familiar face joining us in the meeting rooms.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Yeah....I saw that too.

The context of what Klein said was in relation to his (Klein’s) experience with McDermott in Carolina.

He also said that coaches evolve and grow and change.

The “we’ll be more aggrieve this year” is the kind of talk we always hear in Mini-camp and Training camp.

It’s hand-in-hand with....’(fill in the blank with a player) is in the best shape of his life’

The idea that (as Cali opined...and I shot down with pin point accuracy) that “...im pretty sure this proves our point that Frazier was fired” (it does not in any way, shape or form)...."so lets embrace McDermotts D and acknowledge Fraziers defense wasnt providing the scheme that McDermott was trying to implement”

Is not supported by the facts.

Again, Tim Graham addressed this little piece of illogic and dismissed it out of hand quite easily....

What I do think is happening (and I believe that if FRAZIER did not decide ON HIS OWN, to take a leave from coaching, there would have been NO change to him being DC or the defensive pays calling)....McDermott sees this as an opportunity to “roll up his sleeves” and get back into the nitty gritty of play calling.

HIS system has been put in place and executed extremely well in the six years he and Frazier have been together. (Don't forget that Frazier was not only DC but assisant head coach for three seasons...2020-2022), and it would have been counterproductive to bring in another DC (or have anyone else take on defensive play calling)....so the best option is to provide continuity with what has been doing well, and just call the plays himself.

Will his play calling be “more aggressive”??? I guess that depends on how you define “more aggressive”. Much of that depends on personnel.

Last season, with so many injuries with the Bills having three of their best defenders, Tre’ White, Von Miller and Micah Hyde missing so many games....Tre’ played in only 8 games (and was not 100% in most of those) Von Miller played in 10.5 games and Hyde played in only 2. Not getting into the injuries on the D-Line and CB), it affects the defense.

Despite all the challenges, the Bills defense was still #2 in least points allowed. Best not fool yourself (in general....not specially you) into thinking that the defense was so terrible and in dire need of big changes. It wasn't and it doesn’t

With Von Miller (hopefully) coming back relatively early in the sedans, Rousseau with another year under his belt, and the HUGE addition of Hyde and Poyer (hopefully) not having as many injuries as he did last year and Tre’ White starting the seasons at 100%, yes, that gives McDermott a much stronger hand to play more “aggressively”

I don’t buy the idea Frazier was doing anything that McDermott did not fully approve of.
    I believe Frazier was soft when he had to be aggressive.

McD has a couple of years left to prove that he can get this team to the sb and i am all for him calling the shots at D on gameday . Its his job thats on the line so he can bet on himself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I believe Frazier was soft when he had to be aggressive.

McD has a couple of years left to prove that he can get this team to the sb and i am all for him calling the shots at D on gameday . Its his job thats on the line so he can bet on himself.
    That may be true...a matter of opinion. My opinion is that if you say that "Frazier was soft when he had to be aggressive” it’s the same as saying that ‘McDermott was soft when he had to be aggressive’

What Tim Graham said rings so true....

Though fans acted as though Frazier locked McDermott out of closed-door defensive meetings and unilaterally called blitzes and coverages without input, the Bills always have, in fact, deployed McDermott’s defensive desires."

The point is that the idea that Frazier was “fired” is not supported by any evidence, and the crapping on him by some Bills “fans” is silly, but not unexpected.

The M.O. for too many “fans” here is to **** on the Bills as much as they can.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is zero evidence that most of this is true. (Although I do agree with this: “Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets hired as a head coach and McDermott suddenly hires a defensive coordinator or any combination of those things happening.”)

Every indication is that the story that Frazier decided to take a year off, and why, is the by far the most likely. Extremely close to the truth.
    Then why is he interviewing for jobs and how does that not classify as evidence?

13. Post thanked by:

swiper (06-08-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That may be true...a matter of opinion. My opinion is that if you say that "Frazier was soft when he had to be aggressive” it’s the same as saying that ‘McDermott was soft when he had to be aggressive’

What Tim Graham said rings so true....

Though fans acted as though Frazier locked McDermott out of closed-door defensive meetings and unilaterally called blitzes and coverages without input, the Bills always have, in fact, deployed McDermott’s defensive desires."

The point is that the idea that Frazier was “fired” is not supported by any evidence, and the crapping on him by some Bills “fans” is silly, but not unexpected.

The M.O. for too many “fans” here is to **** on the Bills as much as they can.
    Not necessarily. Even though it may be McDs defensive ideology, he didn't call the alignments on each snap. He didn't call when it was time to blitz or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Then why is he interviewing for jobs and how does that not classify as evidence?
    Don't engage in the idiocy. He was clearly fired. Proof is he's interviewing with other teams.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,621 Times in 17,487 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He probably wasn't technically fired because the Bills would forfeit any draft pick compensation if he did get a job. The way they handled it benefits both sides.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

17. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (06-08-2023),Typ0 (06-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,464 Times in 7,313 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Word it anyway you want. The Bills did not want him!

19. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (06-09-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,877 Times in 3,520 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, the OPPOSITE is probably true.

As I wrote in another thread....

the idea that Frazier was pushed out, or left because of the phantom idea that defensive play calling was being taken away...I doubt VERY MUCH and there is zero evidence of that....except in the musings on ill informed “fans” guessing.

The upshot is that a lot of Bills “fans” suck. They don’t deserve an elite team.
    I didn’t say his play calling was being taken away, I’m saying he refused to change his style to be in line with what Beane and McDermott want to do moving forward.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I already explained it in great detail.

There is no evidence at he was “interviewing for jobs”.

Especially considering (like I mentioned) that coaching staffs are pretty much cast in stone by June.

The cake is almost fully baked in June for every NFL team.

For Frazier, who has stated his desire to be a HC, he is not pining for another DC job. In any event, every single team in the NFL already has a DC in place….except one. The Bills."

He was doing exactly what he said he was going to do.....

“I really feel good about where I am,” he says. “I think my reasons for stepping away were the right reasons; I feel good about it. It just gives me a chance to see things from a different perspective, get recharged again and reenergized. I’m gonna go watch some teams in their OTAs, will probably do the same thing again in training camp, go visit some clubs as well. And then in the fall, I will really begin to take a look at what’s happening around the league, make sure I stay up on any new trends, anything that’s changing.

This is not rocket science. It is obvious what he is doing.....trying to get interviews and secure a had coach job in the NFL for 2024.

Interviews for coaching jobs (in particular head coaching jobs) do not take place until after the regular seasons is over (except in-season firings).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Word it anyway you want. The Bills did not want him!
    There is zero evidence this is accurate.

In fact, the opposite is almost assuredly what happened. It is common knowledge that if Frazier wanted to stay, he would still be the Bills DC. Brandon Beane “succinctly said the job would have remained with Frazier”

He did not couch it with “I really don’t want to get into that” dodge.

So, to believe your incorrect theory that comes from literally zero knowledge, you are accusing Brandon Beane of being a bald faced liar.

Despite the fact that he has been a “straight shooter” for all his team as Bills GM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I didn’t say his play calling was being taken away, I’m saying he refused to change his style to be in line with what Beane and McDermott want to do moving forward.
    You said that "Anyone who thinks he wasn’t essentially fired is just delusional”...THAT is “delusional”

As is the statement that "
    he refused to change his style to be in line with what Beane and McDermott want to do moving forward”.

There is ZERO evidence of that. You are conjuring that up out of thin air.

The fact is that he Frazier was NOT fired, and he would still be DC if he choose to stay in that position.

ALL the evidence supports that. NONE of the evidence supports your ignorant (as in having no knowledge, just suppositions based on your own bias) theory.