Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 Times in 7,826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

What is becoming clearer is that Frazier leave may have been more from frustration with McDermott’s leadership, which is coming under legitimate questions about his ability to lead the team as noted in this thread.

Do the Bills have a Sean McDermott Problem???

Maybe, just like Diggs, Frazier was frustrated with the obvious shortcomings of a head coach.

Combined with Frazier’s clear desire and frustration with getting a HC position this is much more likely than the “he was fired” meme that is coming from the same posters that have criticized Frazier (most time unjustified) for some time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    He's old and he failed his first chance at HC. I think his chances are slim to none at a 2nd chance but wish him well. Nice guy but I'm glad he's not calling our defenses anymore.
    That may be true, but it is becoming clear that McDermott had a HUGE say on defensive play calling. McDermott’s possible meddling in the 13 seconds debacle give me NO comfort that play calling is going to be any better.

Be careful what you wish for. McDermott ****ed up the 13 seconds but good.

Faith in him is fading fast.
    Last edited by notacon; 06-19-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Holcomb was (just) hired after Frazier left. He was his replacement. He won't be calling plays, like Frazier wasn't going to be doing anymore. If McD intended for Frazier to continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.
    BTW...this is illogical...very illogical.

As Tim Graham said after the Frazier announced year off.....

Sweeping changes aren’t coming to Buffalo’s defensive schemes, which have thrived for several years despite consecutive postseason collapses.
    The Bills this week expressed little concern about making a smooth transition because there won’t be much of one.

Though fans acted as though Frazier locked McDermott out of closed-door defensive meetings and unilaterally called blitzes and coverages without input, the Bills always have, in fact, deployed McDermott’s defensive desires.

That’s why the Bills still might not have staged a search for Frazier’s replacement even if he’d informed them of his plans immediately after the season. Maybe they would have interviewed Vic Fangio and Steve Wilks, but my sense is there would not have been a hot pursuit of anybody outside the organization.

Sure looks like you don't bother to read or give any serous thought to the evidence.

The exact OPPOSITE can be gleaned from the Bills not hiring a DC....as in.....

'If McD intended for Frazier to NOT continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.'

NOT hiring a replacement DC reflects the mindset of not changing the strategy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

However, Frazier added that if he doesn’t get an offer to coach again, he’ll still be okay.

“If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good.”

We’ll be keeping our eyes open to see if and where Leslie Frazier ends up in 2024, even though it most likely won’t be back in Western New York with Buffalo.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,487 Times in 7,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    That may be true, but it is becoming clear that McDermott had a HUGE say on defensive play calling. McDermott’s possible meddling in the 13 seconds debacle give me NO comfort that play calling is going to be any better.

I don't have blind faith in McD. Him and Frazier were two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. If not for the JA pick McDermott would likely be coaching someones secondary right now. I'm holding out hope that McD will change his philosophy because he realizes it's put up or shut up time. He has always found a scapegoat. The fingers going to pointing at him next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,120 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BTW...this is illogical...very illogical.

As Tim Graham said after the Frazier announced year off.....

Sure looks like you don't bother to read or give any serous thought to the evidence.

The exact OPPOSITE can be gleaned from the Bills not hiring a DC....as in.....

'If McD intended for Frazier to NOT continue calling plays, he would have hired another DC.'

NOT hiring a replacement DC reflects the mindset of not changing the strategy.
    I don't have blind faith in McD. Him and Frazier were two peas in a pod as far as I'm concerned. If not for the JA pick McDermott would likely be coaching someones secondary right now. I'm holding out hope that McD will change his philosophy because he realizes it's put up or shut up time. He has always found a scapegoat. The fingers going to pointing at him next year.
    People seem to forget about 2017. You know, the season where everyone thought they were tanking for Darnold (LOL!) but instead made the playoffs. That's why McD gets the BOTD.

And I guess it needs to be said out loud: Frazier is directly responsible for the failings of the defense in the playoffs and that's why he McD took over play-calling and why Frazier never got another HC'ing gig.

As for the play-calling being the same with McD, wrong. No two coaches are the same. That being said, it's McD's show now and if the team has a poor showing in the playoffs again, specifically on defense, the seat for McD will start getting warm.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 06-19-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who cares how Frazier is gone. Be glad he is, it’s a plus and an upgrade.

8. Post thanked by:

Chet (06-20-2023),Novacane (06-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,914 Times in 3,545 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A distinction without a difference.

You can think anything you want. But there is no evidence that happened.
    That’s the most intelligent thing I’ve ever read from you: “You can think anything you want”. If you could only remember that every time you attack a poster for having a differing opinion…
    Last edited by jamze132; 06-20-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,487 Times in 7,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again, there is no evidence to support this, at all.

Did you ever stop to think that's exactly how the Bills wanted it?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did you ever stop to think that's exactly how the Bills wanted it?
    All the time. As soon as there is any credible evidence of that, I will reassess my opinion.

As of now, ALL the evidence supports the opposite....and the evidence is what I base my opinion on.

The more important question is...did you ever stop to actually listen and respect all the evidence and think that Frazier did NOT get fired and his statements (and of Beane) of what he did and why are heartfelt and accurate?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Since Frazier himself said he’s not returning to Buffalo… the fact that M Lombardi and Rappaport offered up closure to this coaching tenure in Buffalo. Is this all a new development after his sabbatical?

he doesn’t have the job if he wants it. LF is done in BUF.

13. Post thanked by:

Novacane (06-20-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Since Frazier himself said he’s not returning to Buffalo… the fact that M Lombardi and Rappaport offered up closure to this coaching tenure in Buffalo. Is this all a new development after his sabbatical?

he doesn’t have the job if he wants it. LF is done in BUF.
    I doubt this is accurate. Provide a link to the actual quote or STFU.

You are being insufferable with this garbage ****ting on an extremely good and very respected NFL coach who did a fantastic job in Buffalo, developing and fielding one of the best defense in the NFL.

Just like the hatchet job you did on Brain Daboll (which you now falsely deny).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

However, Frazier added that if he doesn’t get an offer to coach again, he’ll still be okay.

“If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good.

he’s not saying if I don’t get a head coaching job at least I have Buffalo. The word “had” is past tense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All the time. As soon as there is any credible evidence of that, I will reassess my opinion.

As of now, ALL the evidence supports the opposite....and the evidence is what I base my opinion on.

The more important question is...did you ever stop to actually listen and respect all the evidence and think that Frazier did NOT get fired and his statements (and of Beane) of what he did and why are heartfelt and accurate?
    The only evidence you need to know is that McD is calling the plays/being the DC. If he didn't intend to do that, he would have hired a DC or promoted someone to replace Frazier.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm telling you Frazier wanted out because he was being blamed for things like 13 seconds and didn't want to hear it anymore when the defense here was never his defense, it's McDermott's.

Frazier is now stuck going elsewhere to try and succeed to get another head coaching gig.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I'm telling you Frazier wanted out because he was being blamed for things like 13 seconds and didn't want to hear it anymore when the defense here was never his defense, it's McDermott's.

Frazier is now stuck going elsewhere to try and succeed to get another head coaching gig.
    It was no less Frazier's defense than it was McD's. And he was calling the plays. McD should have replaced him after 13 seconds but still kept him on, trying to get him a HC'ing gig. Now it's all on McD. We'll see what happens.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,917 Times in 2,093 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was no less Frazier's defense than it was McD's. And he was calling the plays. McD should have replaced him after 13 seconds but still kept him on, trying to get him a HC'ing gig. Now it's all on McD. We'll see what happens.
    Yup. McDermott is putting all his chips in the middle now. There are no more scapegoats. If this team disappoints again, it should be over for him in my opinion

I mean last years firing of the secondary coach was the most laughable thing I’ve seen in a while. The players in the secondary were either out for the year, coming back from a major injury, rookies or literally dying on the field
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post

“If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good.

he’s not saying if I don’t get a head coaching job at least I have Buffalo. The word “had” is past tense.

Seriously?!?!?! Get real and get your head out of your own hubris.

That is NOT, in ANY way, shape or form “Frazier himself said he’s not returning to Buffalo”.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only evidence you need to know is that McD is calling the plays/being the DC. If he didn't intend to do that, he would have hired a DC or promoted someone to replace Frazier.
    That is totally without any logic...and makes no sense.

Sorry, but there is a TON of evidence that has been presented. I’m not going it over again....it’s all there.

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So his own words are lying?