Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

Thanks
    Thanked 7,695 Times in 6,231 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

If Leonard Floyd hadn’t been on the field on Monday night, the Bills beat the Broncos 22-21. The Bills would be 6-4 instead of 5-5, and Ken Dorsey likely still is the Bills’ offensive coordinator.

Floyd was the 12th man on Wil Lutz’s 41-yard field goal attempt that was wide right, with his penalty giving Lutz and the Broncos another opportunity. The Broncos kicker made the 36-yarder on the final play.

“From my perspective, it was just a communication issue – plain and simple,” Floyd said Wednesday, via The Buffalo News. “Got to be better. We’ll be better. Plain and simple, just miscommunication.”

The Bills’ dime defense was on the field for Russell Wilson’s final kneel down, and with the clock running, the team sent out its field goal block unit. Six players from the sideline came onto the field but only five left.

1) Ari
    2)@ Mia
    3) Jac
    4)@ Bal
    5)@ Hou
    6)@ Jet
    7) Ten
    8)@ Sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

another example of McDermott's systemic approach....

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    another example of McDermott's systemic approach....
    Humble and hungry
    complementary football
    looking at the tape
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-16-2023),OpIv37 (11-15-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Humble and hungry
    complementary football
    looking at the tape
    Trust the process.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this different than the 13 second debacle? It isn't. Same ****ing thing over and over and over.

6. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-19-2023),OpIv37 (11-15-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5 losses, all in the conf. The time to be better has come and gone

Thanks
    Thanked 7,695 Times in 6,231 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

“I really don’t care about the blame, just disappointed we lost,” Floyd said. “A loss is a loss. People try to find ways to blame this guy, that guy, but I ain’t really sweating it. It’s all football, man. Just go out the next game and correct the **** and go out and win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    “I really don’t care about the blame, just disappointed we lost,” Floyd said. “A loss is a loss. People try to find ways to blame this guy, that guy, but I ain’t really sweating it. It’s all football, man. Just go out the next game and correct the **** and go out and win.
    He’s right. He made a mistake that lead to 3 points. But he didn’t turn the ball over 4 times. He didn’t drop any passes. He didn’t call a screen on 2nd and 20. He didnt commit any other penalties.

He’s guilty of being the straw that broke the camel’s back but he didn’t put the other 500 lbs of straw on there.

10. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-16-2023),Historian (11-16-2023),Novacane (11-19-2023),Thurmal (11-16-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,408 Times in 8,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    He’s right. He made a mistake that lead to 3 points. But he didn’t turn the ball over 4 times. He didn’t drop any passes. He didn’t call a screen on 2nd and 20. He didnt commit any other penalties.

He’s guilty of being the straw that broke the camel’s back but he didn’t put the other 500 lbs of straw on there.
    For a negative Nelly you seem to have endless compassion for morons contributing to losses.

Floyd deserves as much **** as all the other losers who made mistakes vs Denver.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sounds like he knows he ****ed up but not taking responsibility for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,672 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought McDermott alluded to what they practice for situations like that is to stick with the base defense on the field and not dicking around trying to swap the players around. If that's the case it's on Smiley, not Floyd, and in all honesty I'm more inclined to trust the players and not the coaching staff.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

14. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 4,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I thought McDermott alluded to what they practice for situations like that is to stick with the base defense on the field and not dicking around trying to swap the players around. If that's the case it's on Smiley, not Floyd, and in all honesty I'm more inclined to trust the players and not the coaching staff.
    I honestly thought, how having 12 guys was even possible. Who cares if you have 8 guys?? Just make sure you don't have too many. Stupidity. You aren't blocking it, they aren't faking it, the FG team on their side has the most pressure, and is rushed, and guess what? He missed it! He would've missed it if there was 11 cheerleaders on the field instead of players.

This team is so stupid in key situations.

16. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,939 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I cannot imagine this site and Bills fandom had that flag not happened. What a vapid and hollow victory without any corresponding change. My lord this place would have been a shade of ugly so horrid, a putridity so sour… ah, you get the point.

18. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When **** like this isn't unexpected, McD and the staff get no benefit of the doubt. Floyd didn't say it outright, but the mishap is more on the coaches than the player.

20. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    For a negative Nelly you seem to have endless compassion for morons contributing to losses.

Floyd deserves as much **** as all the other losers who made mistakes vs Denver.
    Floyd was one of many morons who contributed to this loss. Blaming it all on him lets all the other losers off the hook.

22. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    When **** like this isn't unexpected, McD and the staff get no benefit of the doubt. Floyd didn't say it outright, but the mishap is more on the coaches than the player.
    McDermott said they practiced it. Obviously didn't practice it enough. Probably practiced them right into the zone of proximal development then left them hanging. It totally falls on the coaches. Too much is too much. This doesn't work.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Think of it this way....he knew enough to practice it. Good job coach. Now, knowing enough to practice it so the players can execute it? Well he doesn't have to do that he can just throw them under the bus for poor execution at the post game presser. These guys need to wake up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1st off what idiot coach would put your dime package when you no the offense was killing the clock by running the ball? to me just another terrible coaching blunder by MCD... in a way its probably a good thing because we made a change, wit a win Dorsey would still be here, the only reason for his hiring was because he was already here, they ask Allen what he thought, duz anyone really think Allen would say anything bad about him? of coarse he is gonna give him a heads up ...

26. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-16-2023),Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    McDermott said they practiced it. Obviously didn't practice it enough. Probably practiced them right into the zone of proximal development then left them hanging. It totally falls on the coaches. Too much is too much. This doesn't work.
    Sure, they practiced it but like too many times, McD isn't ready for the moment.

With him there's two little pro action and way too much reaction.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They stuck with the base defense when it happened previously. As mentioned by Cas, for some reason he had a dime defense out there against the Broncos killing time. Plus....like with 13 seconds, he called timeouts between plays that again helped his perspective not at all. He could have put the block unit out there on his last timeout. In any case, they had time and opportunities to make sure everyone was on the same page.

I again blame McDermott.

29. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Floyd had a major brain fart. He ****ed up and deserves the blame he's getting. It doesn't surprise me though. A lot of players are not the brightest bulbs. If anyone knows that it should be the coaches. Don't give them a chance to screw up in that situation. Leave the 11 guys out there who played the last down. A McD coached team is to dumb to not screw up a fire drill change like that with the clock running. I put the blame on the jerk HC. I'm not even mad a Floyd. The Bills didn't deserve to win on a missed kick.