Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you consider

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What would you consider

To be a season failure

obviously, everyone wants to get to win the superbowl, but I’m not a Super Bowl or bust guy.

id consider the season to be a failure if anything less than an afc championship appearance was achieved

your thoughts?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

2. Post thanked by:

John Doe (01-19-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,936 Times in 3,557 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What would you consider

Interesting question. If you’d have asked me before the season started, I’d say conference championship. But since we **** the bed against mediocre teams throughout the season, I said let’s just make the playoffs.

The last two wins haven’t been sexy but they’re Ws which is what you need to do late in the season. Now we have a legit shot at winning the friggin division and hosting a playoff game and at this point it’s what I expect.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,939 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that they are playing for the division a month removed from 6-6 is short of a miracle. If somehow they lose and miss playoffs… that is what it is.

sone great things came from this year. Benford and Bernard (43especially) stepped up and Dodson greatly improved to not only replace Edmunds but truly softened the Milano blow

Shakir stepped up. Very dependable. Kincaid is heading toward being a beast.

the D Line got way better pressure. The sack issue evaporated.

will things change? Yup. Bills will get younger over the next 2 years.

THIS season? Best Miami and get #2 and that is a success all things considered… after that it’s gravy

5. Post thanked by:

John Doe (01-01-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

AFC championship game at a minimum. If they beat Miami they get at least two home games. Losing a playoff game at home would be a kick in the balls.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or it's failure.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

8. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-01-2024),Thurmal (01-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or it's failure.
    This. After the 2020 season, the goal was to get out of the AFC. That team was young and probably overachieved a bit. But they should be getting more experienced and getting better. That’s the best they’ve done so far with Allen, McD and Beane so that’s the benchmark.

And the cap gets ugly after this year so this might be the last real **** for a while.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Interesting question. If you’d have asked me before the season started, I’d say conference championship. But since we **** the bed against mediocre teams throughout the season, I said let’s just make the playoffs.

The last two wins haven’t been sexy but they’re Ws which is what you need to do late in the season. Now we have a legit shot at winning the friggin division and hosting a playoff game and at this point it’s what I expect.
    Super Bowl win is the expectation. Anything less is a disappointment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I say win this week and all considered the season is quite a success. Lose this week and the season is a glaring failure. So we aren't in a horrible position but the outcome of a L is weighty.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,101 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This. After the 2020 season, the goal was to get out of the AFC. That team was young and probably overachieved a bit. But they should be getting more experienced and getting better. That’s the best they’ve done so far with Allen, McD and Beane so that’s the benchmark.

And the cap gets ugly after this year so this might be the last real **** for a while.
    I think if this year we can't even get into the afc championship they probably start an in process rebuild. dump some big contracts, like Diggs (after june he's like a 14 mil hit on the cap, but we'd save like 13 mil) and Mitch Morse (oddly von miller costs too much to cut, he'd be like a 40 million cap hit to cut this off season, and his salary cap number is only 23... cheaper to keep him), let davis sign elsewhere, pick up a wr in round 1 this year

really the two biggest cap savings on our roster are in Diggs and Morse; makes me wonder if diggs extension last offseason was designed for this in mind. Allen's cap number really hits big this offseason, so maybe we kick that can down the road somehow...

sadly I'm beginning to wonder if part of Allen's struggles this year are a bit of a "Odel Beckham Jr effect"; it seems like he gets really inefficient trying to get the ball to diggs; and frankly diggs is struggling to get open this year. I really love his spirit and drive, I think you need a guy who wants to win as hard as he does on your roster (or 20 of them) but the suspicion i've got this year is allen's struggles really only when he's making an effort to get the ball to diggs. It might be best for offensive efficiency to let the best wr on our roster walk (and yeah i know that sounds insane) unless we're going to go out and get a weapon to pair with him to make taking away diggs harder... and frankly i don't think we need to spend that type of money on WR with so many great ones coming out of the draft every year. I'd like to get bigger and faster at WR...
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,510 Times in 15,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For me, missing the playoffs would make for a disappointing season.

Just get in and see how it goes...even if they win the division and lose a Wild Card game I would be happy, given all the defensive injuries this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We've got about 4-5 more years with Josh Allen at his prime. Maybe as many as 10 if he drastically changes the way he plays. Thing is, the "way he plays" is what makes him great. And he hasn't looked all that great lately.

So i say we have 4 or 5 years to make this work. We aren't going to get another QB of this caliber in my life time.

I feel like this is it. We will either win one really soon, or i'll die as a fan of a team that never won one.

As for this particular year? I don't think we're that good. So maybe that means we're destined to win it all. Because the year when we were far and away the best team in the NFL (2020) we lost in 13 seconds.

Its funny how quickly i've replaced my hatred for the Patriots with a new found hatred of the Chiefs with their ugly red uniforms. The fact that they now whine and complain on a weekly basis when they don't get every single call their way only reinforces it. I want the Chiefs in Buffalo. And i want to utterly destroy them!
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,797 Times in 7,837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Too premature to answer this question.

I'll wait until the season is over.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The defensive injuries and season-long uneven offensive play have lowered my minimum acceptable performance threshold to getting into the playoffs.

This season we’d be playing with house money in the playoffs therefore if/when we lose I won’t consider it a failure. And you never know…

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,188 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Until Josh retires or moves to another team, in general, anything less than a Super Bowl title is a failure. We should be past the good level and should be elite every season.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

18. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-18-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Screw silver linings, AFC championship win or its failure.
    Absolutely. I don’t give a **** that they were 6-6. They dug that hole themselves despite a down year in the AFC.

I’m sick of watching us lose because of coaching and mental mistakes

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pre Wk 1 goal last and then this year was win two playoff games. Last year got a pass for all the tragedies and injuries that struck, plus supreme luck from KC to get the bye and easier div round matchup. We won one playoff game and get a C+ for mitigating circumstances.

This year, the goal did not change for me. If we miss playoffs, it's an F.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,510 Times in 15,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now that we have made it to the Divisional round, does anybody feel any differently?

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,603 Times in 4,539 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is still a tough question. At the beginning of the season (and certainly by midseason), missing the playoffs would absolutely be a big FAILURE. As it stands right now, with all the injuries .... it's amazing that they went on a win streak using the young depth players.

But, they NEED to beat the damn Chiefs at home. So, I've moved my bar. They NEED to get to the AFCCG and get the Chiefs narrative off their backs (and shut their damn fans up).
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

23. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-18-2024),Novacane (01-18-2024),YardRat (01-18-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't feel differently.

AFC championship win or it's a fail.

I don't care about excuses. Regardless of the injuries on defense, this offense is healthy and talented enough to just score at will against anybody and if they can't step it up this weekend it's on them.

25. Post thanked by:

Chet (01-18-2024),Cntrygal (01-18-2024),Novacane (01-18-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't feel differently.

AFC championship win or it's a fail.

I don't care about excuses. Regardless of the injuries on defense, this offense is healthy and talented enough to just score at will against anybody and if they can't step it up this weekend it's on them.
    Testify!