Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The whining by you guys makes me sick

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The whining by you guys makes me sick

i know it is not all of you, and if your not whining then disregard the post.

the bills got three very good players today.

all i see is whining. awe.. this guy was drafted too high.. awe, this guy would have been there.. awe, we gave up what pick for him.. awe.. i wanted chad lavalais.

look.. you guys have no idea what rankings these guys had to the bills.. all you know is what draft mags and "experts" like kiper and the like say.. which doesnt mean **** to anyone in an nfl war room. they base rankings on how a guy fits our team and how they think he will perform.

all three players we got today were major college performers..

now, you all know what i though about drafting a WR and QB in the first 2 picks.. but i am not on here pissing an moaning about a guy that has not suited up for us yet... none of you have any idea what constitutes a "reach".. that is fact.. if you do, i would like to know what your basing it on? joe blows mock draft? who gives a crap.

if the players we drafted today turn out to be the next marvin harrison, brett farve, and warren sapp, then was it a reach?

a TON of the picks made today will end up being reaches.. not because of what some gay ass mock draft said, but because they wont perform up to position they were drafted.. and there will also be a large group of guys that turned out to be huge steals.. but none of you have any way of knowing which one will be which until they play.

get over it. we have a long time before we find out.

all i know at this point is that we got three very good players. all of which have the potential to be dominant.. that is right.. dominant at their position. all of which are very tough players, which is in the mould of what the bills want under mularkey. they all have very solid histories at their respective schools and fill the needs of this team.

and there is another day of drafting as well. there are still NUMEROUS guys on the board that could well impact this team at other positions..

like jason peters, karney, steponvich.. and more.

calm down guys. dont you think that the bills want their players to succeed more than us? their livelyhood and jobs depend on it. and as far as "rankings" are concerned.. those media rankings go out the window when the draft starts.. like TD said.. a player might be good.. but is he good for the buffalo bills? we cant answer that yet.

i had to listen to wys complain about the evans pick for 2 hours, before he started complaining about the losman trade (although he was very high on the actual pick up of losman).. but the day ended great, because he was happy with the anderson pick, and i assured him that there are still plenty of good Olineman left, if the bills feel that it is right for them.

btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life. it was absolutely fantasic. if your reading wys.. thanks again for cooking wings all day and making the party lively and fun, with some day long healthy debate!

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm happy. Every pick in every draft is a gamble.

I didn't think we needed a WR. But now we have a burner!

If we hadn't traded up for JP, then we'd be without a young QB prospect.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    That was a long post Tatonka. Is wys corrupting you?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think we kicked a$$ today in the draft, and I was a winner cause I picked Evans as our #1 pick
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Good thinking T I totally agree.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The whining by you guys makes me sick

Originally posted by Tatonka

all i see is whining. awe.. this guy was drafted too high.. awe, this guy would have been there.. awe, we gave up what pick for him.. awe.. i wanted chad lavalais.

look.. you guys have no idea what rankings these guys had to the bills.. all you know is what draft mags and "experts" like kiper and the like say.. which doesnt mean **** to anyone in an nfl war room. they base rankings on how a guy fits our team and how they think he will perform.

Thank You. I don't understand why we need 35 threads explaining how Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak REACHED. REACHED?! Only in your lame ass mock draft.

I spend as much time as anyone evaluating picks and hoping for players. Hell, I made fun of Losman because he DOES look like RJ. But I know that this is not how you evaluate a football player. In fact, I like everything this guy has said since becoming a Bill. He is grateful to be a Bill and he even said he's GLAD he's leaving California because he wants to see more of America.

This should be a FUN DAY! Not all these picks will work out but at least understand that many of them WILL work out and play well in the NFL.

Touch the helmet for luck helmetguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by billsfanone
    It was the wing sauce, I'm tellin' ya! There's something in that sauce that...

(edited for the sake of breity)

...but I totally agree with Tatonka.
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Exhausted of Losing BillsRockSOMUCH's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think this was a good draft.

We did very well today.

How good was this draft? Ask me in 5 years.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,604 Times in 4,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life.

That's my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I won't argue with what you said Tonk. It was very non-emotional and presented a logical case.

But I am still sticking by my anger at trading a #1 for Losman and using a #13 on Evans when we desperately needed a more "probable" franchise QB of the future. (I wont debate the value of draft rags, Kiper, etc. since that discussion won't go anywhere)

Do I know that Losman won't be that franchise QB? Of course not. But remember, this board is about debating and is always going to have opnions...none of which are 100% right or wrong.

I'm simply expressing mine that TD blew it with Losman. Quite frankly I think if he had more talent/balls/etc. he should have been able to get Ben if he was so willing to trade our #1 next year. Of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if he simply could not get Ben then I would have saved our #1 and skipped Losman.

P.S. You got me jonesing for wys wings now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Great post Tonk! I agree, i love evans. everyone talks about his speed but forgets about his spiderman hands and the ability to catch almost anything. Losman will be a star qb and can actually scramble, Tim "Toolman" Anderson has got some mixed reviews, some say he was a steal in rd 3 and will be a star whlie others say he has limited upside. The way i see it we got the wr,qb and possibly Dt for the future (or at least next year) when Adams leaves. Plus our new dt a has a tight nickname.lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If he would have traded next years number one for Big Ben, he would have probably gave up this years number one as well. We traded a number one for a number one, we had to toss in a second and a fifth, not a bad deal when you look at it.
    Are we Men or are we beasts, we are beasts and you have made us beasts, we are always left,right,left,right,left, READY! Front, and the end result is cold hard steel jab between the second and third rib and TWIST- AHHHH

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    A lot has to happen to make this draft a success. Obviously, the draftees have to play well. Evans has to not only be entrenched as a starter opposite Moulds, but someday he should be good enough to take over as No. 1 in case Moulds leaves or declines.

As for Losman, in the short term it depends on whether the Bills do well this year, meaning the first-rounder we gave up will be in the second half of the round. If so, then it's a good deal -- assuming Losman isn't a flop like so many first-round QBs have been over the years. If Losman turns out to be a franchise QB for years, then the deal is worth it regardless.

But just as importantly, Kelsay, Denney, Edwards and Bannan MUST get their act together and justify the Bills passing on Harris, Wilfork, Smith and Udeze. They were the higher value at 13, but TD obviously wanted a receiver. I'm particularly upset that Wilfork went to the Pats.

We also better hope McNally is the magician everyone says he is, or none of this will matter this season, nor will McGahee's debut. At this point, OL draftees will be merely bodies with the hope that maybe one will be a decent starter.

Of course, we should reserve judgment to see how everything plays out, starting with the June 1 cuts.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by matt
    If he would have traded next years number one for Big Ben, he would have probably gave up this years number one as well. We traded a number one for a number one, we had to toss in a second and a fifth, not a bad deal when you look at it.
    OMG....I didn't know we traded a 2nd and a 5th in addition to the #1.

It was a bad trade for the #1....with a 2nd and a 5th, it went from bad to horrible.

If we had traded our #13 and #1 next year for Ben, THAT would have been a great trade.

Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down. ShadowHawk7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

now, you all know what i though about drafting a WR and QB in the first 2 picks.. but i am not on here pissing an moaning about a guy that has not suited up for us yet... none of you have any idea what constitutes a "reach".. that is fact.. if you do, i would like to know what your basing it on? joe blows mock draft? who gives a crap.

if the players we drafted today turn out to be the next marvin harrison, brett farve, and warren sapp, then was it a reach?

a TON of the picks made today will end up being reaches.. not because of what some gay ass mock draft said, but because they wont perform up to position they were drafted.. and there will also be a large group of guys that turned out to be huge steals.. but none of you have any way of knowing which one will be which until they play.

get over it. we have a long time before we find out.

all i know at this point is that we got three very good players. all of which have the potential to be dominant.. that is right.. dominant at their position. all of which are very tough players, which is in the mould of what the bills want under mularkey. they all have very solid histories at their respective schools and fill the needs of this team.

and there is another day of drafting as well. there are still NUMEROUS guys on the board that could well impact this team at other positions..

like jason peters, karney, steponvich.. and more.

calm down guys. dont you think that the bills want their players to succeed more than us? their livelyhood and jobs depend on it. and as far as "rankings" are concerned.. those media rankings go out the window when the draft starts.. like TD said.. a player might be good.. but is he good for the buffalo bills? we cant answer that yet.

Wow, all I can say, is amazing post. Prolly the best one all month. Hopefully, this will end all the crying and gnashing of teeth here. I'm very happy with the picks we made today, even though, I think we paid slightly too much for Losman.

Anderson should be a solid backup to a good starter. We can address Dline earlier next year, if pat or aaron leave.

Lee Evans shall be awesome, and I still don't know why he wasn't ranked w/ in the top 4 before.

JP Losman was chosen as our QB of the future as I think we wern't able to trade up and get Big Ben. We paid for JP, but he's our future, so we rightly should of.

Ask for the Oline, we have Jim Mcnally, our 4th rounder, and June 1 cuts. We can easily get a good guard to compete w/ Sullivan and Tucker, if TD wishes to.

Also when you think about our needs prior to the draft, they were like this: (no order)
    WR
    QB
    DT/DE
    G/C
    FS
    TE
    FB
    We can confidently scratch three of those off the list, and probably scatch one more tomorrow. Right now, I'm hoping for Jason Peters. He solve our TE problem, AND provide us with some great blocking help as he can block like an extra Olineman, possibly nullifiying the need to draft a OG or C. That'd kill two birds with one stone. Karney or Steponovich would be good too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Touch the helmet for luck helmetguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Considering that we started out with a #2 (something like #54 overall) to move up to #22 overall, it isn't as bad as it sounds. I mean, by taking Losman at #22 (1st round this year), its more of a known quantity than waiting until next year to find whomever at anywhere from #1 to #32.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The whining by you guys makes me sick

btw, if you have never had wys wing sauce.. the sweet and tangy might be the best sauce i have ever had in my entire life.
    That stuff is really good, I admit. But I'm here in Rochester with easy access to the original that Wys based that sauce on - Country Sweet. And as good as Wys sauce is, the original is better.

When I have my choice of Wys' sauces I prefer the Hot. I just love the mix of flavors and it's still quite hot at that level. The Wys Guys are a little too hot for me to enjoy, but the Hot ones are like crack. I just can't stop eating the damn things.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    And I like the draft today, of course depending on if TD is correct about Losman and Anderson. Evans looks like a sure starter.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thanks T. A lot of people need to read that.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by billsfanone
    nah.. but it was great stuff.. me and wys argued all day.. lol.. but in a friendly way.

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Do I know that Losman won't be that franchise QB? Of course not. But remember, this board is about debating and is always going to have opnions...none of which are 100% right or wrong.

I'm simply expressing mine that TD blew it with Losman. Quite frankly I think if he had more talent/balls/etc. he should have been able to get Ben if he was so willing to trade our #1 next year. Of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if he simply could not get Ben then I would have saved our #1 and skipped Losman.

P.S. You got me jonesing for wys wings now.
    man.. losman has every tool he needs to be just as good if not better than any other qb in this draft. period.

TD has never drafted a guy that was questionable as far as attitude.. in fact, he said specifically that he liked his attitude. he wouldnt have made it out of the first.. they really wanted evans.. and the bears stated taht he was top on their board.. and surely tampa would have taken him instead of clayton at 15.. we got the guys they wanted.. it was there plan all along to move back up in the 1st and get evans.. as stated by td himself.
    Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Wow, all I can say, is amazing post. Prolly the best one all month. Hopefully, this will end all the crying and gnashing of teeth here.
    it wont.. people are ready to condem these kids before they have done a single thing for us.. it really is absolutely absured. all this ridiculous talke of draft position and "value"..

i love it when people are like - aw.. we could have gotten him later.. you have no idea.. when we took evans.. was anyone aware that 7 wrs would go in the first.. without mike williams in this draft? hell no.. evans would have been gone in the next 2 picks.. the guy has the skill to be the next harrison.. it would sure suck to have that and a guy like reed (ward) on our team.. boo.

lol.. and i wasnt even pro wr and qb early...

and what people are failing to recognize is that there is still a second day to the draft.. we can add a guy like steponovich and karney and peters and fill our all our needs..

people talk about filling needs.. what the **** did we do today? every pick we took helped this team.

the know it alls around here are unbelievable.. i can tell that i am gonna get too pissed about this ****, and have to just chill on visiting the board for a while, or else i am gonna get too irritated and blow up on someone for just expressing there opinion, which i shouldnt do and isnt necessary.. i just know that this was not the way that i saw the draft going today..AT ALL.. but i can still find a positive too it.. but many of the people here that were crying for a franchise qb just got one, and still cry.. people were talking about adding speed to the offense.. we did.. one of the best speed receivers in the draft.. still pissing and moaning though.. and acting like we need a ton of help on the oline, like we dont have any more picks to add a guy or two.. or even use june 1st cuts..

i just cant stand all the negativity..