Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Cambell is awesome!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mark Cambell is awesome!!!

TD is the man. Can't wait to trade more picks away for no name TE's.

I wonder if Huntley is still available? Jenkins? At least we still have Brady McDonnell and E. Robinson.

I am not as impressed with TD as all of you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah, the Bills were so much better off before TD arrived.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by RedEyE
    Yeah, the Bills were so much better off before TD arrived.
    all he has done is fix our salary cap problem and help our team improve every season since he has been here.. he sucks
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Tatonka

all he has done is fix our salary cap problem and help our team improve every season since he has been here.. he sucks
    He certainly does, Tatonka! It's not like he went out a got us a Pro Bowl QB or something. The guy's a bum!:teeth:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Take it easy guys, I think JDbillsfan just misses Wade, Maulk ,Jones and Rob Johnson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Who can't come in and cut a bunch of overpriced players?

James Posey? I liked him better when his name was Gabe Northern. Sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    His name is Jeff Posey, and you bei9ng sauch a football expert who knows everything would obviously know he sucks. Campbell is a blocking TE, something we sorely need to boost our running game, and Posey is an good pass rusher that came cheap, thats also something we sorely need. By the way, how many teams responded when you sent your illustroius resume to all the NFL owners?
    Beware the sack master!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah, I guess getting a player for this season isn't a smart idea, since there is a chance you might have to give a low draft pick for him next year... I'll give Campbell this... He started 16 games, caught more TD's than Jay Riemersma, and I'd be willing to bet he didn't cost anywhere near $3.5 Million...

The Bills needed a backup TE, get over it.

-Bill

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    And Campbell's hands certainly couldn't be any worse then Riemersma's hands.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think that signing Campbell is a good sign that the Bills will attempt to draft and groom a young receiving TE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I say we are gonna draft Teyo Johnson or the other TE I have heard so much of on here but I can't remember his name.
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Are you thinking of Jason Witten from Tennessee Bert??
    See me here pushing you
    If I then deny I do
    Contemplate or wish away
    If I ask you not to stay

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Not.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    the te from iowa.. a junior.. cant remember his name either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I guess we will see how the rest of the free agency plays out, but I think you guys all have TD blinders on.

Signing Posey definitely means TD thinks that solves our rush LB problems and unfortunately means that we are out of the running for a real blitzing LB like Colvin. Is he really better than Newman?

So what was the purpose of signing McDonnell last year? Are we going to trade for backup TE's that no one else wants every year? If we were looking for a blocking TE, than why not go after a decent one like Dan Campbell of the Giants?

Teyo Johnson is nice, but I do not see him going after a TE for the first couple of picks, now that we have matt cambell.

I have a feeling this is going to be another disappointing offseason and draft. TD is solid in the first round or two, but nothing after that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    dude.. go back and look at his drafts and rethink that last statement.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think TD is too concerned about receiving at the tight end position. JR is not a big loss for us especially if we keep price.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We let JR go and signed a guy who had equal stats for a lesser team and saved money in the process.

Man what a bonehead TD is
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Cambell has been in the league 5 years and these are his career highs:

25 Receptions
    179 Yards
    7.2 Avg.
    3 TD

Jay R. had a down year but still had 32 receptions with 350 yards and his career highs are much better than Cambell. I am not saying we should have kept him, I am just saying Cambell didn't have equal stats.

I just look at a team who is actually filling their needs with quality players, like the Redskins. They had a need for Guard and DT. They sign the 2 best guards available and also probably sign Noble.

We have a need for DT, LB, TE, etc. etc. and we sign Jeff Posey and Mark Cambell???

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    It's just an opinion y'all! Easy, Geez!

Sure he's "fixed our cap" but let's look at what TD's brought in shall we:

In: Jenkins, C. Johnson, Huntley, Robinson, Fletcher, Teague, M. Price, Bledsoe, Moore, Ahanotu.

Jenkins was a bust. Johnson, Huntley, and Moore barely played and were not used. Teague was signed as a weak OT and switched to C b/c he wasn't good at OT, he was overpaid for a C. Fletcher was OK, but not great no matter how you slice it. M. Price was a solid backup, but we had no injuries, so it'll be interesting to see how he plays for 8 games if that happens. Robinson SUCKED! Ahanotu was a starter, but did nothing great. He isn't fast, and isn't a playmaker. Bledsoe, well, enough said there.

It's no wonder he "fixed the cap" w/ talent like that. That really isn't a miracle. It's good cap managment, not spectacular. Especially since Teague is overpaid and was totally out of position last year and we could have had "in position players" for less.

The draft, what, a gimme pick in Williams, a lucky leftover b/c no other teams picked Reed, both great picks, but let's get real, no-brainers. After that, only Wire and Thomas. That's it. The rest will be lucky to be around, perhaps as early as this year. If our draft this year yields only three players, then it'll have been OK, but not great. We don't have a first, so the 2nd had better pan out! Bannan and Denney were wasted picks.

Let's see how TD does w/o a first rounder! I'm not saying he sucks, but I am saying that we could have done more w/ what we had for sure. He's signed quite a few worthless players, more than ones that made enormous impacts, which was essentially Drew. Fletcher is good, but not great by any stretch. I don't think he's as good as what we all thought or what the FO thought we were getting.

Why is it that anyone who expresses such an opinion is berated?

Campbell? Posey? Big deal! It's fun to hope and think positively, but looking at those signings straight up and practically, let's get real here, they're not gonna improve the team. They're depth acquisitions. If we're starting Posey and don't sign a marquee DT then we're gonna be in a world of hurt again on D as or rush D allows another 130 YPG.

So until TD signs a big name or even underrated DT like Thornton, then he hasn't addressed the Bills primary defensive need. And if he thinks he's gonna find that in the draft in round 2, then he's sorely mistaken. The only DT who played well enough as a rookie last year was Haynesworth who was a high first last year.

In the meantime, I sure hope last year's FAcy isn't what we get this year; a bunch of washed up and second tier players who "we're told" will be what they weren't b/c they're in Buffalo now.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!