Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.J. is hurt ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

E.J. is hurt ?

E.J. Manuel is listed on the Bills' injury report with an abdominal injury.

Manuel practiced in full on Wednesday, so it's not a concern for his Week 4 status. The Bills are likely to go run-heavy this week in a matchup with a Houston defense allowing 141.7 yards per game to opposing running backs.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,939 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: E.J. is hurt ?

The injury isn't serious ... just will limit his ability to show any real guts while in the pocket.

3. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (09-24-2014),Mace (09-24-2014),Night Train (09-25-2014),OLDSRIP (09-24-2014),WagonCircler (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    The injury isn't serious ... just will limit his ability to show any real guts while in the pocket.
    So he's always had this injury?

5. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-24-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (09-27-2014),GvilleBills (09-24-2014),Mace (09-24-2014),WagonCircler (09-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,939 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    So he's always had this injury?
    I hear it can be nagging...

7. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-24-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gosh - does this mean that Orton might have to put down the clipboard and get off that $4M hammock and suit up for his 14th game appearance in 4 years?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Gosh - does this mean that Orton might have to put down the clipboard and get off that $4M hammock and suit up for his 14th game appearance in 4 years?
    $4 M ? $4 Million net.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Never eat Mighty Taco before bed time.

Come on, EJ! Rookie mistake.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Someone kidnap EJ ala Ace Ventura. Franchise saved.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't get excited Skooby... I'll be collecting that 50K ZB's from you.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

in todays practice ejs arm had suddenly gone completely numb, though he continued throwing. in other news, ejs completion percentage hitting wide open receivers didnt change

dudes got a mental block or something. hey look woods is open for a big gainer, lets throw it to the gatorade table. sammy streaking over the middle for a touchdown, so let me try to hit one of those thousand fat guys in the rockpile

remember a few weeks ago marrone says ej is trying to aim the ball now and he just had to let it fly. ok maybe its time to let him start aiming again. at least install a damn cross hair in his facemask
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

14. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (09-24-2014),Buffalogic (09-24-2014),Fletch (09-25-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (09-25-2014),starrymessenger (09-24-2014),TacklingDummy (09-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marrone is getting it set up for why Orton is going to put into a game in the near future.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not surprised he's injured or that he will get injured again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Say what you will, but I like his demeanor, the seemingly strong desire to be great, and good work ethics. In a way I seee why Nix, Whaley etc. drafted him in the first round because a guy with his natural talent and the attributes I just mentioned, sooner or later, good results will follow if not derailed by injury (hence the the instruction to not get injured).

I think the Steve McNair comparison is valid. McNair played 11 games in his first two years before he came on in year 3 and reached superbowl in year 5 while still averaging less than 200 yards a game; always having more TDs than INTs.

Yes the bar is not set very high if McNair is your model and people today do not have nearly the patience like back then almost 20 years ago (fans, coaches, owners). Looking from afar, it seems like it was the strategy of OBD until Wilson's passing which prompted them do things like trading for Watkins.

We'll see what goes forward. Personally I don't see Manuel will perform like Geno Smith to lose you a game or win you a game, more of muddling nondescriptive games. Nix/Whaley started the process of building a good defense and I hate the kind of decision trading away 1st round picks. With McNair, the Titans didn't get super good when they drafted Jevon Kearse. The Bills won't have a chance for a Kearse next year. And they haven't find an Eddie George yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Say what you will, but I like his demeanor, the seemingly strong desire to be great, and good work ethics. In a way I seee why Nix, Whaley etc. drafted him in the first round because a guy with his natural talent and the attributes I just mentioned, sooner or later, good results will follow if not derailed by injury (hence the the instruction to not get injured).
    Not sure why anyone would think that good results will follow based on soft characteristics.

First of all it was not Nix, it was Whaley, entirely. When you say "natural talent" you must be referring to his natual athletic ability since you didn't specify. But that, a strong work ethic, a desire to be great, and leadership abilities are all overcome by the more mechanical issues that he have for which there appears to be no shortage.

He's not going to have any good results until he can straighten out his mechanics, and once again, they tried that for a couple of years at FSU before conceding that he was incapable and adjusting the offense to accommodate his weaknesses.

Clearly we tried last season and failed here too. So I'm not sure why you see a light at the end of that tunnel. We can keep saying it all we want, but there has to be a reason besides just that eventually something will shake loose when it never has in the past.

You know the often cited quote defining insanity by Einstein, right?

It's a futile battle and as such the reaching by Whaley to draft Manuel was a poor choice, but the choice to draft Watkins at the expense that was required for the sole purpose of catering to a QB that probably won't even be starting here next season was an even worse one. What if our next QB is more suited to the strengths and skills of one of several other WRs more than he is to Watkins' bubble screen MO? Then the pick will look twice as horrible as it now looks.

This front office cannot be ousted fast enough. Pegula better be on the stick on this one.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-25-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you really need to turn every thread into a Whaley/Watkins discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The thought of JJ Watt already making EJ poop?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What a contemptible and completely predictable response from this board.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    What a contemptible and completely predictable response from this board.

I am hard on EJ I am tired of waiting for a franchise qb. I need to see down the road that he can be that but I don't know if he can ever be a great passer. I want a statue of a qb like Jim Kelly over a mobile qb who is an average passer.

I would even take Bledsoe back who I thought was the most over rated qb in NFL history. He would at least be able to take advantage of Watkins, Woods, M. Williams , Chandler and find Goodwin deep as well.

23. Post thanked by:

Meathead (09-25-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, imo, Orton's ceiling is EJ's floor. EJ is the only qb on the roster who has the potential to become a franchise qb. Unlike many on this board, I have not already closed the book on him. I think with patience, he will probably end up a qb who is better than simply a game manager -- that is a qb good enough to win a super bowl.

Regardless, he needs to be given this year and it would be optimal if fans would support him. If he doesn't work out, we'll have to look elsewhere. What I see is a young player with good character, intellect, and work ethic. Why take every opportunity to slam him? I will be sad if he doesn't become what Bills' fans are looking for, but even then, I would not stoop to the level of derision that is commonly thrown his way already.

25. Post thanked by:

Meathead (09-25-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i remain a pretty firm supporter for ej but he cant have more than two games a year like he had on sunday. he was probably the worst player on either unit, which of course means bad things. it was probably his worst game as a pro in terms of sharting the bed when he had opportunities to make plays

he needs to rebound and not throw any real stinkers like that for a while. he certainly needs to be given the chance, i still want him to succeed and expect he will improve, but in the mean time i will poke a little fun at this last bad performance