Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    You think Mike Williams was a bigger bust than Al Cowlings?
    Eh.. O.J would disagree
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

quite frankly, i think it might be a mistake not to continue the toronto series. once terry decides he no longer wants (or cant) bankroll the bills indefinitely he will realize they need luxury suite money that simply doesnt exist in enough quantity in blo. i predict in five years tops the bills will roll out more games in hoserland, hopefully without the total crap product and rip off pricing that doomed the initial attempt in the first place
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and even tho i like sammy a lot and am glad hes here, i still wish they hadnt traded the first for him. id rather have one of the other super wrs from this draft AND that #20-ish pick. but its not like the bills cant recover from that mistake, they can. the draft is so hit and miss it wont take much for them to end up just about where they would have. and sammy still might turn out to be the best of this crop and end up justifying his cost anyway

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,499 Times in 15,584 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No link? I would like to see this list.

#1 would have to be letting Drury and Briere walk IMO.

Worse than anything the Bills have done (and that's really saying something!)

5. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-17-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Letting Chuck Knox walk and trading Lamonica should be up there... but that list proves sports didn't exist until 20 years ago.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    It's not hard to find a decent guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.
    It's probably more likely to find a better one in the 1st round though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Is the 19th pick (at best) in the 2015 NFL draft overpaying for Sammy Watkins?
    Yes. I already said that, it was actually the basis of my argument.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They will be able to get one of the top guards, maybe even the #1 center, where they are right now.
    You might be right, I don't follow college as much as most so I can't disagree.

But wouldn't it be sweet then to get a top guard in the second...and a top TE in the 1st? Or maybe even 2 top interior offensive lineman? Yeah man, that would be pretty cool.

9. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (12-17-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pfft. It's just like the negative Nancy's and dumbass sportwriters to judge a player after his rookie season and a trade before we see it's ramifications. Many thought that the Vikings got their last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle when they made the Herschal Walker trade. How did that work out historically? Many thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading multiple picks to Seattle for Tony Dorsett. You can go on and on. You can backseat drive any trade or move, but you really don't know for quite a few years.

11. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-18-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,918 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Pfft. It's just like the negative Nancy's and dumbass sportwriters to judge a player after his rookie season and a trade before we see it's ramifications. Many thought that the Vikings got their last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle when they made the Herschal Walker trade. How did that work out historically? Many thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading multiple picks to Seattle for Tony Dorsett. You can go on and on. You can backseat drive any trade or move, but you really don't know for quite a few years.

well, we knew almost immediately about the jerry hughes/kelvin sheppard trade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well it may have been a super intelligent move for the QB position too ... because actually picking a good QB is a very difficult chore. There are no guarantees. I have seen Watkins, in several occasions, throw his hand up in the air and catch the damn ball just because it was thrown in his vicinity. Considering the QB play we get this may have been the best QB move in the history of the franchise.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    well, we knew almost immediately about the jerry hughes/kelvin sheppard trade.
    You go Boooyyy!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Nobody is judging Sammy. I think the overwhelming consensus is that he's a very good football player. The argument is the cost to obtain him. We paid a lot for what turned out to be a saturated market for rookie wide outs. There is absolutely a chance for this trade to prove it's worth in the future, but right now it's hard to say that we didn't overpay.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

aside from mario and kyle, they are young all over.
    i think those two really help though. they are part of the reason they get to the qb with 4 guys. to have 4 probowl lineman is a lot to ask.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Al Cowlings stopped playing football the year I was born. He's older than my dad. So, I have no friggin idea.
    I was born in '77 but judging from his stats and being he wasn't here long is indication to me he was a major bust considering we took him 5th overall. Not to mention see that other DTs taken after him made the Pro Bowl etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Slow news day?

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Nobody is judging Sammy. I think the overwhelming consensus is that he's a very good football player. The argument is the cost to obtain him. We paid a lot for what turned out to be a saturated market for rookie wide outs. There is absolutely a chance for this trade to prove it's worth in the future, but right now it's hard to say that we didn't overpay.
    Jesus, that's the ****ing point. There is no way you can possibly know that unless you have a working crystal ball.

Another Bills' Fan that has a problem with concepts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Letting Chuck Knox walk and trading Lamonica should be up there... but that list proves sports didn't exist until 20 years ago.
    Yea no kidding.

Rob Johnson trade anyone?
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Is it really lost on you that the same could be said for Sammy?

Wow.

Just.

Wow.
    No it is not and that is my point, if Sammy bust then yes it was a mistake but Sammy becomes the next Jerry Rice then in my opinion it becomes one of the best moves.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    As it stands right now, they overpaid for what appears to be a very good player.

If you argue that statement, you're fooling yourself. You can argue hindsight all you want, but there's no way you can tell me we didn't overpay. This team would be better with Beckham/Evans/Benjamin and our 1st and 4th pick next year.

You know who might be available in the 1st round when we would've had a draft pick next year? A decent friggin' guard.
    Evans would not have been available to the Bills to be drafted. The Bucs drafted before Bills pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I was born in '77 but judging from his stats and being he wasn't here long is indication to me he was a major bust considering we took him 5th overall. Not to mention see that other DTs taken after him made the Pro Bowl etc.
    Cowlings was a HUGE bust.