Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeah 8-8 or 9-7 again

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah 8-8 or 9-7 again

Here we go again.

Ugh I guess it is time to focus on the draft especially after we lose on Monday night.

Unfortunately I think Rex is ride or die with Tyrod and that needs to change. I hope we do not pick up his option next year.

We need to draft a guy early and let him and Cardale compete for the job and bring in an experienced vet.

Other moves:
    1. Resign Robert Woods he is really good run blocker and I think would be a great number 3, hopefully the deal is fair but if he wants crazy money let him go

2. Gilmore is gone - I say bring back Corey White and let him and Seymore compete for the starting job

3. DL - Resign Corbin Bryant draft a true NT to backup Marcel as no one else on this team can do that and Dareus needs a blow as well

4. WR - need to draft two and maybe sign one unless Greg Salas is actually good I will leave that up to coaches, he looked good in preseason and in two games last year

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Yeah 8-8 or 9-7 again

I'm still not convinced we can get to my projected record of 6-10.

1 - If I was Woods I wouldn't sign here unless the Bills highly overpaid me. He's better than we allow him to be.

2 - I'm happy letting Gilmore walk unless he significantly lowers his asking price.

3 - Agreed.

4 - I think we have more pressing needs besides WR only because of the style of football we play and how crappy our QB is.

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,216 Times in 5,940 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I'm still not convinced we can get to my projected record of 6-10.

1 - If I was Woods I wouldn't sign here unless the Bills highly overpaid me. He's better than we allow him to be.

2 - I'm happy letting Gilmore walk unless he significantly lowers his asking price.

3 - Agreed.

4 - I think we have more pressing needs besides WR only because of the style of football we play and how crappy our QB is.

is the style of football determined by crappy WR and a meh B?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seahawks, Bengals and Steelers are losses.

Browns and Jags should be wins.

Jets, Dolphins and Raiders are toss-ups. None are that great but the Raiders are a WC road trip and the other two have already proven they can beat us. I'm gonna say we go 1-2 in those games.

7-9.

6. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-31-2016),Mad Bomber (11-03-2016),Victor7 (10-31-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    is the style of football determined by crappy WR and a meh B?
    I think it's a combination of the offensive gameplan/play calling and a below average QB.
    The fact that we lose whenever we rely on Tyrod's arm tells me it's on him. Even last year when Sammy was tearing up the league for the last 8 games of the year, Tyrod only averaged 220 yards per game, threw 10 TDs in 8 games (even with 2 games where he threw 3 Tds each), and we went 4-4. Big whoop. We had a stud WR and our QB was still average and we went 0.500. That's with a healthy Woods, too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The good news is that the Bills do have ready made replacement for Alexander and Z. Brown for next season, so they will just need additional linebacker depth.

I could see the Bills going in a different direction with WR, likely with a receiver with upside and size - trying to hedge against future injuries for Watkins.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's not that great, but being on the most run-heavy offense this side of 1985 is going to cut into his numbers. No question.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    He's not that great, but being on the most run-heavy offense this side of 1985 is going to cut into his numbers. No question.
    Yeah, he's definitely not an all-star, but I think he's better than the 50 catches, 600 yards, and 3 TDs that he has averaged while he's been here. Especially on a team with a capable QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

at Seattle ... L
    at Cincy .... L
    Jax ..... W
    at Raiders .... L
    Pitt .... L ? If Ben doesn't play we should win
    Browns .... W
    Fins .... W
    at Jets .... W

There are no certain wins for this freaking team but there are certain losses. I'd say visiting Seattle is for sure a certain loss. I can't imagine a world in which we beat both Cincy and the Raiders on the road. In fact I think we drop both. But maybe we miraculously win one of those although I'd give this scenario a 15% chance of happening. The Pitt game is entirely dependent on whether Big Ben plays or not. We should be able to take care of Miami, Jets, Browns and Jags. Key word should. I also won't be shocked if we lose one (or more) of those.

So realistically our ceiling if we play lights out is 10-6. Our floor (likeliest scenario) is 6-10. So as usual we'll end up in between with another uneventful 8-8

Book those vacations for January dudes. We won't be watching post season ball as usual.

12. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-31-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The one thing I will say is Cincy is not playing like they have in the past. We also have a bye before we play them and the week we play they play Monday night. In other words they have 6 days of rest and prep for us. If we can get Woods, Clay, and Shady back i think we have a real shot there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can see Woods going to the Pats. They really liked him predraft, he's a perfect player for them. Run block hard, good route running in short areas, they'd use him better than we do.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,434 Times in 2,009 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    The one thing I will say is Cincy is not playing like they have in the past. We also have a bye before we play them and the week we play they play Monday night. In other words they have 6 days of rest and prep for us. If we can get Woods, Clay, and Shady back i think we have a real shot there.
    Yeah, I don't understand why people think the Bengals are an automatic loss. They're struggling to score points on offense and their defense is below average. Maybe something will change over the next couple weeks for them, but they're just not a very good team right now. As long as the Bills can get healthier on offense, their's no reason they can't compete. I see this game as a 50-50 toss up right now. A part from the home games against the Browns and Jags, I think I like their chances in this game the best.

The Fins and Jets are the last two games of the year, so who knows what kind of situation the Bills or either of them will be in.

I don't really know what to make of the Steelers. They should have Big Ben back soon, but they've always been a pretty average road team under Tomlin for some reason. Another game that's still a ways out, so hopefully the Bills are getting closer to full strength by then. Watkins could even be playing. Who knows.

The Bills just lost to the best team in the league with a depleted offense, so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling and they can't beat anyone, but an 8 or 9 win season and no playoffs looks likely right now. That dolphin loss was a real let down and big blow to any playoff chances. With the AFC West looking so strong, I don't think 10-6 would even be good enough to get in.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,509 Times in 9,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think it's a combination of the offensive gameplan/play calling and a below average QB.
    It's simply he offensive philosophy directed by the HC. Ryan is all about running game, he says it often. That's why he always gets pantsed when games become a passing contest. His defense wasn't supposed to let that happen and it surely won't next game because he says so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

or Maybe 6-10

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,332 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They'll beat Cincy then make up for it by losing to the Browns. That's how the Bills roll.

19. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And Russ rolls on. Let see, what do we do next year. Hmmmmm....Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok,...we sign a BIG FA WR!!!!! Yeah yeah, that's the ticket! Get everyone excited about Sammy, Woods, and big FA WR. Sell tickets, tickets, tickets, Wapner at 5....The circus continues while Terry sleeps.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-01-2016),trapezeus (11-01-2016)

SpikedLemonade

7-9

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

8-8 will require a big run at the end which will not doubt be irritating as they do it. this team was a 3-5 team win in my mind. they over performed thanks to their 4 win run. but based on their body language by the 3rd quarter, there is a lot of quit in this team. if they lose to jax, the wheels will come off. but 8-8 will perpetually screw us and that's been the way it goes.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Listen, no team in the NFL can beat the pats with their top 4 receivers out and their top RB. Just won't happen.

Give these guys a break. Yeah the last two weeks sucked, but really, it was obvious we were probably going to lose these games.

If we suck at full strength that's one thing. But this latest suckage is definitely due to the injuries on offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it was not obvious that we'd lose to the freaking dolphins when we already had the lead. and the 4 wins relied on a high school run program. I wouldn't believe too much in this team.